Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im sebastien, i just get married to a british citizen in the uk itself. As i was on a visitor visa now im left with only 2 weeks to stay in uk. If i want to stay here with my wife which visa should i apply for?? Thank you for your help....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Unless you are talking specifically about a Marriage Visitor visa, you broke the conditions of your general visitor visa by marrying in the UK.

In any case, you will need to leave the UK and apply for a spouse visa (family of settled person) in order to join her.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
As said, you cannot remain in the UK once your visitor visa has expired.

You need to return to your home country to apply for a visa - one your husband/wife will need to sponsor you for.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You have broken the rules and must leave the UK before the General ( Visitor) Visa Expires. If you are tempted to remain it will be seen as an Illegal Act and subject to removal. A serious mistake as been made and it would best for you to leave and then complete a Spouse Visa Application in Mauritius. At the same time enclose a letter of explanation of your situation apologising for the actions you took.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allright thank you... but how can i have broken the rules if the home office as well as the registrar after investigate on me told me that there is no law which can prevent my marriage and everything is legal??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Allright thank you... but how can i have broken the rules if the home office as well as the registrar after investigate on me told me that there is no law which can prevent my marriage and everything is legal??
The sequence of events are not clear? Did the Register Office Contact the Home Office and what written evidence did both HO and Register Office give you? Depending on the written evidence you MAY have cause to complain, but be careful as to Marry on a Visitor Visa is generally not allowed. If it had been the intention to come to the UK to Marry then you should have applied for a Marriage Visa which allows entry to marry and then leave the Country. You could then apply for a Spouse Visa from your own Country.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It sounds as though you entered the country without claiming the intent to get married; if you had, they would have sent you back home. That is a fact. You may have still been able to get married, as there was no law to prevent your marriage once you were in the UK, but you've committed immigration fraud, and that may cause you problems in the future.

You really don't have a choice now but to start the immigration process through proper channels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
allright ive understand all these and if my grandmother who is a british citizen apply a family visa for me? Do you think that this is possible?

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
allright ive understand all these and if my grandmother who is a british citizen apply a family visa for me? Do you think that this is possible?
No..... you cannot apply for any other visa from a visitor visa.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
In your desperation to remain in the UK, you cannot apply for a Visa whilst here on a Visitor Visa and will do your cause NO good to stay longer than the date shown. It is possible your sponsor gave specific information on the time you would spend in UK, when she submitted a letter of Invitation which accompanied the Visitor Visa application.
Return to Mauritius as soon as possible and start a New Visa Application (Spouse)

·
Registered
7,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sebaste, the information and case history which has been quoted, makes it imperative you return to Mauritius as quickly as possible and start a New Visa process, but beware, the ECO may well scutinise your application very closely and if facts emerge that a situation had been engineered to gain entry to the UK in an incorrect way, the outcome could be unfavourable. You must be totally honest about your actions thus far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.