Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is qualified hairdresser back in UK for 6 years & has been in living in Melbourne for 6 weeks on WHV and started working straight away in a salon, is she better apply for 175 visa & how long does visa take & does anyone no the cost for getting her skills ass by TRA;

Or should she try to get her employeer to sponser her, he wants her to stay with him for 4 years but i saw 2 year sponser visa on immi website HELP ;:confused:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
175 is a PR visa but it's a long time in processing (12 months - 2 yrs depending on priority level)

Temp visa is possible (4 yr business visa - class 457) if the employer is willing to sponsor. It has faster processing (6 weeks - 2 months). However the risk is that she must remain employed with that employer the whole time.

Check out the 457 and 175 visas at immi.gov.au for more information.

My daughter is qualified hairdresser back in UK for 6 years & has been in living in Melbourne for 6 weeks on WHV and started working straight away in a salon, is she better apply for 175 visa & how long does visa take & does anyone no the cost for getting her skills ass by TRA;

Or should she try to get her employeer to sponser her, he wants her to stay with him for 4 years but i saw 2 year sponser visa on immi website HELP ;:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts