Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Ethiopia, living in Saudi Arabia with my parents. My father's stepsister lives in the UK and she is a British citizen. My question is: Can she send me a visa to live with her forever (not tourist nor student visa) so I can complete my studies there? She agreed that she will support me.

If yes, which type of visa I should apply for? I am little confused because I am 16 years old. What should I do? She is ready to sponsor me.
I am studying in saudiarabia and it's Indian school (cbse syllabus ) there syllubus is so difficult and its hard to pass but i am still brilliant, out of 100 i am getting 80 or 90 may be I will be first or second place,my friend moves to uk before 6 month and he is now settled in Glasgow,uk.
he was not much good in study's because our school syllabus half of the student in our class will fail it's very hard to bring full mark ,but when my friend went there in uk ,he become a top student in his school now he is performing well than he was saudiarabia.
I believe that if I went there I will be much better and I will complete my studies there with great grade (I feel that I will have a bright future there).
But is there is away for applying for visa to uk, I know it's not an easy task but is there is a chance for moving there ,is it worth to move there.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's not as simple as that. Adoption has to go through UK court, and local social services will be involved and they must conduct in-depth investigation, which will take time and money (which prospective adopter has to pay, of several thousand pounds, could be up to £10,000). If the adoption happens overseas, it will have to be made legal in UK in order for the OP to benefit from it, going through a similar procedure. If the authorities realise the purpose of adoption of a 16-year old (not an orphaned baby, for example) is to facilitate immigration, it's likely to be denied. I used to be involved in adoption cases, so I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.