Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my husband has recently been offered a role from his firm in NY. I am a working mum myself and have a 'blue chip' work background. About 2 years ago I set up my own consulting business which is doing very well. I wondered if anyone can advise me if I want to work in the US what would be the best approach. Go back into industry and see if I can get sponsored by another company or would the US be more welcoming to my business?

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Depending on which visa your husband is on you will be able to work.

Have you read up on employer sponsored and investor visas? You should make that your first priority. uscis.gov and travel.state.gov are the official sites; informative and user friendly.

Do you have what makes a UK employer transfer you to a US operation? Maybe but you will have to be in a leadership position with this company for at least a year prior to transfer. Finding a US employer will probably be harder and should H1B be capped it will take until October 2012 for you to transfer. Moving your business will need the basics from biz plan to attorney to visa to producing a profit and providing employment for employees legally authorized to work in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Just checking the sites at the moment. I hope this will all come clear.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts