Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all:
I got my marriage visitor Visa on the June 16, 2015, i must thank everyone for the help and information given to me..Thank you, The only thing i did not get was the dates, a bit upset i wanted to sty for christmas and come back on the on the 28 Dec, 2015, but i its not to be i have to leave Dec 22, 2015 i stressed that on my application all over the documents,

also is there a way of getting those 6 days back..ty

Anyways i would like to know and start on my next visa gather information and research what type of documents i need to join my future wife when i am back. Looking for a hea start on it..anyhelp would be appreciated.. ty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it a visitor visa or a fiance visa?

If it's a Marriage Visitor visa, you will need to return to your country and apply for a spouse visa from your country.

I think that is right!

Jenny.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Marriage visa means fiancé(e) visa - marrying in UK and staying on. If what you have is marriage visit visa, you must return home after getting married within the 6-month timescale. Then you need to qualify for spouse visa, meeting financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

They are unlikely to reissue your visa with new dates, so you need to rearrange your travel plans. Or apply for a new visa and pay again.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
You say you have a marriage VISITOR visa so at the end of the 6 month period you leave the UK back to your home country and then apply for a spouse visa.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You say you have a marriage VISITOR visa so at the end of the 6 month period you leave the UK back to your home country and then apply for a spouse visa.
Yes, I went this way because we were advised to do so until we could meet the financial minimum. If you go this route it takes planning to get it to happen during a holiday. We were trying to straddle Christmas in the middle of it all and ended up with a december arrival date (lucky). They are extremely suspicious the applicant won't return home so make sure you give good reasons to prove you intend to return home before or on the date of expiration.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, I went this way because we were advised to do so until we could meet the financial minimum. If you go this route it takes planning to get it to happen during a holiday. We were trying to straddle Christmas in the middle of it all and ended up with a december arrival date (lucky). They are extremely suspicious the applicant won't return home so make sure you give good reasons to prove you intend to return home before or on the date of expiration.
Discount the above post. I mistakenly posted this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.