- Found out about the whole OVDI/FBAR BS recently.
- Didn't join OVDI.
- Bank doesn't have any statements from old US$ term deposits or CAD$ GICs so I have no record of them even though I know they existed (don't remember how much but I know I had at least one US$ term deposit for which there is no record in 2009)
- I have a TFSA for which I have all records
- I have always had under $50,000 in total (this is important in order to get reduced late filing fees according to the Internal Revenue Manual); but, if a certain sum of money went into repeated monthly term deposits or got transferred between multiple bank accounts, and is counted each time, this could end up being pushed over $50k.
- How do I fill out old FBARs when I know that my bank records from 2009 and earlier are incomplete?
- Are there special forms to fill out for US$ term deposits, CAD$ GICs, or a CAD$ TFSA?
- What's everyone doing about it appearing as if they had more money than in reality due to money being moved between accounts?