Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have my skill assessment completed with ACS and also complete PTE Academic exam.
Below are my details:
Total year of experience is 7.5 years minus 2 years = 5.5 years outside Australia
PTE Academic - L - 70, R - 70, S - 89 , W - 69.
Education Qualification - BE Computer Science
Skill - System Administrator (262113)

When I'm trying to apply EOI with subclass 189, its not allowing me submit the application and asking me to select other subclass, which means System Administrator can't be applied through subclass 189. Therefore, I have to select subclass 190.
Now when I checked the list of skills sponsored by VIC doesnt include System Admin.

May I know if need to select any other subclass and which state should i apply?

·
Registered
152 Posts
If your occupation is not allowing to apply SC189 you might have to apply for State Sponsor Ship to a state which sponsors your occupation.. They will have information and also have their own requirement criterion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I have one more query for applying under subclass 190.
Currently SA is providing the State Sponsorship for System Admin, and from July once the new rules comes out, and if SA is no more sponsoring for System Admin's then do i get the option to change the State in State nomination.

Or suppose if any other state, say VIC is also sponsoring for System Admin's then do I get a chance to change the State from SA to VIC?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Code 262113 is only available on a 190 or 489 visa through South Australia, and Special Conditions Apply:
"You can access occupations that appear as ‘Special conditions apply’ on the State Occupation List if you meet the requirements listed under one of the following categories:

- If you are international graduate of South Australia, visit International Graduate Occupation and Waiver Requirements.
- If you have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia, see Chain Migration requirements.
- If you have been working in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months, visit Working 12 months or more in South Australia to see if you are eligible."

If you don't meet these conditions, I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent to see what other options you may have for a visa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I surely doesn't meet any of the special conditions and don't have any migration agent appointed.
I'm guessing that i have to wait for July for any rule change

1 - 5 of 5 Posts