Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ask a general question, which stage the case of Australia immigration lock? When the English test has been accepted or when I will receive the Visa invitation from Australia department?

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
I want to ask a general question, which stage the case of Australia immigration lock? When the English test has been accepted or when I will receive the Visa invitation from Australia department?
Please rephrase the question
It makes no sense

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Please rephrase the question
It makes no sense

Cheers
Actually, the situation here is that I am about 31.5 age, I can only be able to PTE before touching the 33 age. I read somewhere, when the English test is accepted from immigration department the points will be calculated and the case locked.
FYI, I want to apply for visa after the age of 33, as you know the age points. So which age will they calculate at the time of visa application or after the PTE acceptance.

Waqar

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Actually, the situation here is that I am about 31.5 age, I can only be able to PTE before touching the 33 age. I read somewhere, when the English test is accepted from immigration department the points will be calculated and the case locked.
FYI, I want to apply for visa after the age of 33, as you know the age points. So which age will they calculate at the time of visa application or after the PTE acceptance.

Waqar
The points will be locked on the date you get the invite

The date you get the English test results has no significance

You can do the English test till any age, there is no bar

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts

Waqar
PTE acceptance? do you mean there is a rule that you cannot appear for PTE-A until you are 33? I do not think there is any such rule, if that's what you meant.

By visa lock, do you mean, the day from which you cannot withdraw your application?

I believe, the date when you file your visa application, i.e. after you receive an invitation, and pay the fee, is when the case is locked, and you're then not able to withdraw.....

Others, please correct me if i am wrong...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Guys, as our mate mentioned, your points will keep recalculat as ur age/experience or even immigration law changes. The moment u receive ITA ur points are locked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts