Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My agent asked me to select among 3 region. Regions are

1. Orana
2. Riverina
3. Murray

Basically, I am civil engineer with 3 years construction experience. I request you guys to please suggest me which region will be good for me and on what basis?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a mining engineer and worked on the Western side of the Orana region a couple of years ago in Cobar. If you like the semi-arid climate and small mining towns it is pretty nice. About 5,000 people in town plus another 2,000 in the shire. Dubbo was where we did most of our shopping and it was where we had our twin sons as it was the nearest hospital with maternity capacity. But, for a civil I don't remember too much going on outside of the Mudgee region, and even that was a bit depressed with a number of the coal mines being closed.

I only ever drove through the Murray region on my way to Melbourne but had some friends on both sides of the river in Euchuca, Victora and Deniliquin NSW and it is nice country.

If I had my choice I would pick the Riverina. Griffith is a very nice town with a bit of industry around it, but mainly agricultural. It also has a pretty strong central asian community and from what I remember is a bit more vibrant than the other regions.

Hope that helps,

Austin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr. Austin

First, I would like to thank you.

Second, its little difficult for me to live in semi-arid region but it is not too much significant factor. My major concern is whether I will be able to secure a job as a civil engineer and secondly, the educational institutions so I can continue with my post-graduation. As you have mentioned that you need to go to Dubbo for shopping and medical services, I want to perch either in Dubbo(Orana), Wagga (Riverina) or Albury(Murray) so the institutions can be within my reach.

As you live in Cobar, in your opinion what is the demand of Civil Engineer? Actually, I went through the jobs search engine and unable to find job ads. I am wondering if there are no jobs then why they are sponsoring Civil Engineer as all other states have stiffen the criteria and the difference in 176 and 475 is immaterial now.

Now by research, I am little inclined towards Riverina but I am just concerned about my job placement that is the governing factor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys!

This is Ravi . Am an Electrical Engineer & awaiting my 475 Visa.
I have SS from Orana. Dubbo being the prime location & has good job opportunities comparatively.

Are you heading the same way? keep me posted
cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts