Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone

I can claim maximum of 55 points, which means that I will have to go for SS visa. As I am preparing to access my skills from EA, I would like to know which occupation should I access myself for? I have worked both in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. So which one option would be better:Mechanical or Industrial Engineering?
Many thanks

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Nep.,

you should consider two things:

1.) Which occupation code matches both your education and work experience best? They are in the same unit group (2335), so there is a significant overlap. Check the ANZSCO description and refer to the tasks/responsibilities to find out which would be the better choice. Ideally, you'd want all your work experience to be considered as related, so writing down what you actually did at work may help. DIBP considers 20+hrs/week as full-time work, so if you worked 40hrs/week and split your work load evenly between tasks that are more in the Mechanical Engineering domain and tasks that are associated with Industrial Engineering, you should be able to get assessed in both.

2.) The occupations are both on the SOL - which is great. If you need more points, you may still need state sponsorship, so take a look at the state migration plans and determine which states sponsor Mechanical/Industrial Engineers. Note that each state may impose additional requirements (higher IELTS, more work experience etc.), so you should look that up as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts