Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused2:Hello Everyone ,
I am looking to buy a Four Wheel Drive SUV ,but I am confused which one to buy out of the many brands like Honda,Toyota,Ford,Chevorlate, etc. Budget is around Dirhams 70- 100K .And what Warranty is the best.

Can you please guide me .

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is no 'best'. Buying a car is as subjective as buying a pair of shoes - the badge on the front means different thing to different people.

Take as many as you can for a test drive and talk to the sales people about spec and price. Don't ask the internet because all you will get are polarised views of peoples' personal opinions.

·
Registered
451 Posts
:confused2:Hello Everyone ,
I am looking to buy a Four Wheel Drive SUV ,but I am confused which one to buy out of the many brands like Honda,Toyota,Ford,Chevorlate, etc. Budget is around Dirhams 70- 100K .And what Warranty is the best.

Can you please guide me .
You don't have much options with this budget buying a new SUV. I assumed you want it new since you are asking about warranty as well.

In Toyota you can get a low option RAV 4, in Honda a low option CRV as well. In Nissan you can get the X-Trail and in Mitsubishi the Pajero. My recommendation would be generally a japanese car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hijacking the thread here a little bit, seeing as no one is answering my questions in the cars and driving thread.

It is related to this thread at least...

Any thoughts on a KIA SPORTAGE. I am coming over in August and had a look on dubizzle, they are priced really well.

Any pitfalls:
>servicing
>parts availability
>specs (no side impact airbags)
>customer service (obv this is not that great anywhere)

Other cars Suv's Im looking at are

Nissan Qashqai or Mitsubishi ASX... thoughts?

A.Abbass you mention Japanese, what about Korean?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Again, take them for a test drive and see what you think yourself.

It depends what you want it for, personally, I see these yummy-mummy 4x4 things as not real offroaders and you might as well have a better specced car than go for the worst aspects of a 4x4 combined with the worst aspects of cars - poor handling due to the high centre of gravity, poor performance because they are heavy, expensive tyres, poor economy, they look beefy but a lot ofthem skimp on airbags like you've mentioned and early Landrover Freelander have poor NCAP safety ratings. Still, they're fashionable in certain parts of society and some people love them.

... And that's the trouble asking the internet, you'll get unsubstantiated opinion.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
If you're not using it to actually go off road, and it's just going to be a road car, the best value for money is Hyundai/Kia if buying brand new. Hyundai Sante Fe's look fairly ok, I think the entry level models should be in your budget and will still be well equipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you open minded to having pre-owned cars? The used car market in Dubai is often heavily underrated and you can get some REALLY good deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts