Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hii...i have 5 yrs of exp and im sure i vl comes under IT PRofessional-oracle...

do i comes under CSL cum MODL ?

which is better for me 175 or 176(state sponsership)

i heard processing time for 176 is faster than 175.

pls suggest me....

thanks,

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hii...i have 5 yrs of exp and im sure i vl comes under IT PRofessional-oracle...

do i comes under CSL cum MODL ?

which is better for me 175 or 176(state sponsership)

i heard processing time for 176 is faster than 175.

pls suggest me....

thanks,
Please look at the new processing priorities:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

You will see that State Sponsorship + CSL is priority 2 which will be processed before 175 + CSL applications which are priority 4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am an architect and make the points passmark. Is it faster if I apply for the 176, state sponsored visa? I'm on the MODL, but not on the CSL. 176 has prority over 175, but you have to incluid the extra time it takes to get state sponsorship, which could take up to 4 weeks. Is it worth it? Or should I try the 175?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am an architect and make the points passmark. Is it faster if I apply for the 176, state sponsored visa? I'm on the MODL, but not on the CSL. 176 has prority over 175, but you have to incluid the extra time it takes to get state sponsorship, which could take up to 4 weeks. Is it worth it? Or should I try the 175?
Which state are you thinking of applying to? Personally I would go with the 176 route because it throws you in priority 5 instead of priority 6. Not a huge difference in processing times, but things could easily changes again, and I think its better to be further up the list. Also you have to be ok with the fact that you are stuck in that state for 2 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which state are you thinking of applying to? Personally I would go with the 176 route because it throws you in priority 5 instead of priority 6. Not a huge difference in processing times, but things could easily changes again, and I think its better to be further up the list. Also you have to be ok with the fact that you are stuck in that state for 2 years.
Thanks for the tip. I've checked it out and can only apply to South Australia, but that's ok. I don't have anywhere specific to go anyways, and Brisbaine's one of the cheapest cities to live in Australia. And it's only for 2 years. I'm just worried about the processing time really, 3 years, plus the time it takes for skills assessment and state sponsorship, it could take up to 4 years. I'm still young, but I can't put my life on hold until then, know what I mean?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I've checked it out and can only apply to South Australia, but that's ok. I don't have anywhere specific to go anyways, and Brisbaine's one of the cheapest cities to live in Australia. And it's only for 2 years. I'm just worried about the processing time really, 3 years, plus the time it takes for skills assessment and state sponsorship, it could take up to 4 years. I'm still young, but I can't put my life on hold until then, know what I mean?
yes I know exactly what you mean. We went from an expected 9 month waiting period to a potential 3 year waiting period. That is why I applied for state sponsorship.

Brisbane is in Queensland, not South Australia... did you mean adelaide? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes I know exactly what you mean. We went from an expected 9 month waiting period to a potential 3 year waiting period. That is why I applied for state sponsorship.

Brisbane is in Queensland, not South Australia... did you mean adelaide? :D
Ops! Yes, I ment Adelaide. I think I'll go for the 176 as well. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I prefer 175, waiting longer for the visa always better than staying two years in one place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts