Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.
I am new to this group, not so sure if I'm in the right forum as I have few questions about my uk spouse visa application very soon.
I need all your help...please!!!
Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Financial Requirement clarification

Good day everyone.
I am new to this group, not so sure if I'm in the right forum as I have few questions about my uk spouse visa application very soon.
I need all your help...please!!!
Thank you
I've been through a lot of reading recently about the requirements for the application, I have all the documents ready for my application as I have prepared most of it months ago.

According to what I've read, the threshold of £18600 will be based from the gross income of the sponsor from his/her gross income pcm. 6 months payslip needs to be submitted and the lowest base amount among the payslips will be considered for the calculation.

My husband is currently employed full time earning an hourly rate of £8.6. So his earnings will depend on his hours work in a day which is about 8 hours if I'm not mistaken. The earnings varies every month (some months are higher while the rest were a bit lower)

As I don't want him to get irritated as my queries may cause fight, I need everyone's knowledge about this situation if you can help me out for me to understand how the calculation basis would be.

EXAMPLE: (As per his Payslip)

Total Payments: (Basic hourly salary+commission+paid absence) = £1568.25
Total Deductions: (PAYE+NI+Peoples pension) = £ 237.22
Cumulatives:

Gross Pay = £ 3733.22 (I don't know how it was calculated)
Net Pay = £ 1331.01 (Gross minus all the deductions)

My question now is, which figure are they going to use to base the calculation?
Is it the Total Payment? Gross Pay? or Net Pay? that is reflected on his payslip? I know the Gross pay will be the basis but just want to make it sure.

Please...please...please... help me clear my doubts!

Thank you all in advance.

Gee&jay:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is based on your gross average salary over the last 6 months, so total up your last 8 gross salaries and divide by 6

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anybody in the forum could help me out here please... To our lovely and ever helpful moderators (NYCLON & JOPPA), do you have any idea about my query? I really need your help.

Anyone pleaseeeee...pleasseeeee?

Thanks to NYCLON for creating this for me.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
There is something wrong with the payslip figures. Re-check. £3733 may be total-pay-to-date since the start of tax year on 6th April.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is based on your gross average salary over the last 6 months, so total up your last 8 gross salaries and divide by 6
Garyede, Thank you for your response. But just want to clear it up. Others says, the lowest gross income you have for 6 months will be the basis of the calculation, is that true? lets say Feb - £1200 /Mar - £1600 /Apr - £1700 /May - £2200 /June - £1500 /July £2500. The will use £1200 as their basis for the calculation which is lower than the required amount of £1550 pcm. Please enlighten me about it. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is something wrong with the payslip figures. Re-check. £3733 may be total-pay-to-date since the start of tax year on 6th April.
Joppa, thank you for your reply. Yeah you are right! That's the total gross accumulated since the beginning of the tax year - 6th April. Is it true that the calculation will be based from the lowest amount of your gross income for the last 6 months?

I really appreciate everyone's help and opinion. Thank you

Gee&Jay

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Is it true that the calculation will be based from the lowest amount of your gross income for the last 6 months?
The "lowest amount" rule is for salaried employment where you are expected to be consistently paid the same amount based on your annual salary.

Non-salaried (e.g., hourly wage) income is calculated as a sum total of all payslips within the period, divided by six to find the monthly average, then multiplied by twelve to get the annualised average.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The "lowest amount" rule is for salaried employment where you are expected to be consistently paid the same amount based on your annual salary.

Non-salaried (e.g., hourly wage) income is calculated as a sum total of all payslips within the period, divided by six to find the monthly average, then multiplied by twelve to get the annualised average.

My dear clever-octopus, you're definitely giving me high hopes as we(me & hubby) were discussing of postponing my application due to this issue. Since you gave me this reply, it gave me the strength and will to proceed.

I know you've explained it well, the difference between salaried and non salaried, forgive me if I need to clear it out ones more as I want to really be sure about it before we discuss as we've been having petty fights about it before telling him this great news.

As per his contract he is paid hourly basis. So his salary varies from one month to the other depending on the number of hours he worked for a particular month. The lowest among his payslips was at £1500. So this simply means he is on a non-salaried employment.

I would like to know which category we belong in meeting the financial requirement (ref. Appendix 2).

Thank you in advance... you're an angel!

Gee&Jay

·
Registered
13 Posts
financial requirement

Good Afternoon. My spouse is a permanent employee and has worked for her company for 2years now. She has a raise in her salary April 2017 which amounted to 17,748 shown in her P60.
In May she did overtime of £211, and in July £250. We believe in August there are other overtime.
We planing to apply in October.
Given the overtime already done kindly advise if we meet the financial requirements of 18600 base on the annualize calculation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.