Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, wondered if you can help with suggestions on attesting certificates.

At the moment I have no firm job offer but a couple of really promising discussions in the pipeline as well as my fiancé already securing herself a full time teaching post starting in mid-August.

Think it's really important for me now to get my degree certificate 'attested' for any visa application process I may need to complete and to inform prospective employers that I have began the process but are there any other documents I should get attested at the same time. I assume this way I then have everything in place should I need to move quickly???

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys, wondered if you can help with suggestions on attesting certificates.

At the moment I have no firm job offer but a couple of really promising discussions in the pipeline as well as my fiancé already securing herself a full time teaching post starting in mid-August.

Think it's really important for me now to get my degree certificate 'attested' for any visa application process I may need to complete and to inform prospective employers that I have began the process but are there any other documents I should get attested at the same time. I assume this way I then have everything in place should I need to move quickly???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your degrees/certs and academic transcripts need to be attested. If u havnt secured a job yet I would get a written reference attested also. Get a police check done also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cos_mo, thanks for the information, by a police reference do you mean a CRB check? How about a driving licence or passport? I have three really great references via LinkedIn, so I should get them all on one sheet at also get th attested?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Harms100 said:
Hi Cos_mo, thanks for the information, by a police reference do you mean a CRB check? How about a driving licence or passport? I have three really great references via LinkedIn, so I should get them all on one sheet at also get th attested?
A police check...the equivalent of Garda clearance in Ireland...to show you have no convictions etc.

With regard to ref...I'm starting job in Dubai in aug and its one of the documents I have to get attested...sch stipulated that it's from a sch where I have worked in for more than two yrs. More references required if u havnt worked in a sch for more than 2 yrs.

You will need to provide copy of passport.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok that helps thanks, your copy of the passport - was that attested too?

So to confirm for sure get my degree certificate, CRB and reference....and maybe copy of my passport?

I am just trying to be as pro-active as possible and get as much sorted as possible myself to make me 'employable'' if you see what I mean?

Congrats on securing a teaching job out there by the way!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You don't need to attest passport or driving licence.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi wandabug - thanks for that, pretty safe to say my degree certificate and my CRB are decimated then! Anything else you are aware of?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
only your marriage certificate, if you get married.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.