Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently applied for Immigration to Canada under the Express Entry system. My chances don't seem bright due to my age (0 points for my age). The application is valid for one year...so I'm willing to wait or try to improve my score meanwhile.

Apart from Canada which other countries would welcome Indian Immigrants? I am an IT professional with a Masters in IT from UK.

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Looking at cost of living comparisons at numbeo.com, Canada is more than three times more expensive than India. Even with a much higher inflation rate India than in Canada (it is currently 5.4% in India and 0.9% in Canada) living in India will be cheaper for many, many years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would recommend you Spain as a second option because speaking spanish would not be a problem at all if you are proficiency in english spoken, reading and writing in a polite and correct manner. Skilled IT professionals are demanded in Spain despite the financial crisis.

The living expenses are not as high as Canada neither northern Europe or Australia but the salaries are indeed lower than the average salaries of Europe. You may be hired from overseas because job interviews could be done through Skype but I do not know about VISA requirements. If not, UK and Ireland could be even better options for you.

By the way, having India good job prospects in IT area, what is the reason to put in risk your future? I wish my country had better job prospects in my career.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The visa requirements for Spain or any EU country is going to be the toughest hurdle for a non EU citizen.
Basically any company would have to prove that nobody in the EU is capable of doing the job before hiring you. Not impossible but highly unlikely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts