Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends

I got my 189 VISA Grant in May 2013 and plan to migrate to Australia early next year - May be end of Jan 2014. My primary skill sect is SAP (System Analyst). Please advise which city will be good to land a job sooner and affordable on costs as unemployed.

Thank you.
Suresh

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Suresh,

Sydney and Melbourne have the highest density of ICT companies and related industries but that's also where most migrants with an IT background move to, so the market saturation/competition is larger as well. I'd recommend to google the industry leaders in your field (across Australia) and start looking and applying for jobs even though you are not physically present. A good starting point could be the SAP Australian User group, which has a large listing of companies that use SAP or offer consulting.

Even if you don't get a job offer you will start building a network of recruiters (external and within the companies) that know your skill set, so you have a chance to get a job very quickly after arrival. I strongly believe that you can get good jobs in other beautiful places (Perth, Adelaide etc.) as well, so don't limit yourself to much if you want to go somewhere else. That said, we are based in Sydney and love it! Good luck with the decision making (and job hunt).

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 3 of 3 Posts