Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom apartment/flat in Marina area. To avoid traffic as much as possible at rush hours, which buildings shall I look at?

Thanks.

Meks

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hello,

I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom apartment/flat in Marina area. To avoid traffic as much as possible at rush hours, which buildings shall I look at?

Thanks.

Meks
The end near Media City has manageable traffic. I hear the Torch has some vacant apartments. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

Thanks.

Meks
Selamlar Meks,

Best place to go is like Simey says, the super-skyscrapers at the Al Sufouh end.

Ocean Heights, Marina Crown, Elite Residence are all accessible by turning off SZR, going through two sets of lights, doing one U-turn and then first right. No congestion ever. Also because they are right next to the tram stop you can take public transport without getting hot and bothered either. In the same area (but slightly more maneuvering required) are 23 Marina, Sulafa, Marina Pinnacle, Mag 214, Torch (don't do it), Princess, Marina Heights and the original Emaar 6.

All the other places on the marina require going through a myriad of one way systems, no-U-turn junctions, flyovers, underpasses and tram line deviations.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
No issues on the west/south side of the Marina unless you want to drive somewhere else in the Marina.

Zumurud Tower, Orra Marina, Jannah Place, Opal Tower, Trident Waterfront all worth a look, and more or less have a dedicated exit to SZR if you're going to Ibn Battuta/Jebel Ali direction. Otherwise, you're on Interchange 5.5 in no time.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The area near and around the mosque is also easy to get to and from (at least from the Dubai direction). The second exit to Marina is barely ever congested compared to the first exit. Rents would be more reasonable too compared to the other end of Marina.

Edit. I'm basically saying the same as Gavtek...

·
Registered
35 Posts
You might want to try the Bunyan and Sukoon towers as well, they're closer to the exit points and owned by the same individual landlord who offers several cheque options. Bunyan is quite close to the metro as well, as its actually beside it.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
A little bit, you can no longer really use the last interchange in Jebel Ali direction if you're coming from Dubai as they closed off the u-turn at the bottom of the bridge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts