Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Fellows,

Can anyone let me know which australian state accepts IELTS band less than 7 in any module? After 3 tries I could not get 7 band in each module. My last score was Listening 7, Speaking 7, Writing 6.5 and Reading 6.5.

Thanks

Zeeshan

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
SA & NT may be ?!?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depends on time of application

Dear Fellows,

Can anyone let me know which australian state accepts IELTS band less than 7 in any module? After 3 tries I could not get 7 band in each module. My last score was Listening 7, Speaking 7, Writing 6.5 and Reading 6.5.

Thanks

Zeeshan
I think this question doesn't have a constant answer! I heard that NSW had recently accepted 6.5 score for state sponsored, they had started to accept it. It means earlier they would not allow 6.5 band to apply.

Basically you need to go to the website and check which states do accept it for now, as this information is time sensitive!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

I could be completely wrong but does state have anything to do with the IELTS score?

I felt the IELTS score is just needed for those who get less points due to age or professional experience .... anything from IELTS 6 and above is acceptable....

Let me know if I have got this wrong, will be good to know a rule or two about the scores....

Abhijit

I think this question doesn't have a constant answer! I heard that NSW had recently accepted 6.5 score for state sponsored, they had started to accept it. It means earlier they would not allow 6.5 band to apply.

Basically you need to go to the website and check which states do accept it for now, as this information is time sensitive!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ielts 6s (competent) is REQUIRED for main applicant if you are to apply under any GSM (general skilled migrant) visa-including 180,190,489...in other terms you must eventually fulfil requirements set out by DIBP even though you are nominated by any state.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yup, thats what I meant to say, you need to get 6 or more (primary applicant) and it does not matter what state you are in.

Abhijit

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dear Fellows,

Thanks

Zeeshan
new south wales (sydney) & Western Australia (perth)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts