Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been living in Melbourne since February while attending a grad program at University of Melbourne. I love Australia, the people, everything about it...except, the Melbourne weather and lack of real beaches. I know that might be trivial to an extent, but the perfect San Diego weather/great beaches were a big part of my life! My closest friend in Melbourne is moving back to Perth, and she's trying to convince me to move over when I graduate. I've always heard that Perth has great beaches, and since I love the Southern California shoreline and Santa Barbara/San Diego "vibe" I was thinking that may be available in Perth! Or, if not, where else in Austraia would be most like those places?

Thank you!
Chelsea

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Chelsea,

I haven't been to Santa Barbara or San Diego so I can't be of any help there ;).

Since you are a student, why don't you use the non-teaching periods to visit other parts of Australia? I traveled up the coast from Sydney to Byron Bay (for surfing) with a friend and it gets warmer and warmer up there. greyhound and other buses are also a convenient way to get around. Along the way, you may end up falling in love with a place that is nothing like Southern California but awesome in entirely different way.

Cheerio,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts