Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Can any1 help me to identity which of these subjects are rich in ICT content ?
I need to file for ACS this month and do not wish to take any chances in terms of incorrect content. :juggle:
Pls help. Thanx in advance.

1st Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 1
Applied Mathematics - I
Applied Sciences - I
Engineering Mechanics
Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Computer Programming - I

1st Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 2
Applied Mathematics - II
Applied Sciences - II
Communication Skills
Engineering Drawing
Computer Programming - II
Basic Workshop practice

2nd Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 3
Applied Mathematics - III
Electronics Circuit Analysis and Design - I
Electrical network Analysis & Synthesis - I
Basic of Communication Engineering
Numerical Techniques
Digital Design - I

2nd Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 4
Applied Mathematics - IV
Electronics Circuit Analysis and Design - II
Control Systems Engineering
Electrical machines and Instruments
Principles of Microprocessor Systems
Digital Design - II

3rd Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 5
Applied Mathematics - V
Engineering Electromagnetics
Electronic measuring Instruments
Continuous Time Signals & Systems
Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
Presentation & Communication Techniques
Electronics Workshop

3rd Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 6
Microwave and Fiber Optic communication
Analog integrated circuits & Applications
Communication Systems
Discrete Time signal processing
Computer Organisation
Industrial Economics & Management

4th Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 7
Basics of VLSI
Instrumentation systems
Digital Communication
Filter Theory and Applications
ELECTIVE SUBJECT : Wireless Communication
Project - A

4th Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 8
Power Electronics
Data Communication & Networking
Mechatronics
ELECTIVE SUBJECT : Robotics
Project - B

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Gaurav:

These are the IT related subjects.

Computer Programming - I

Computer Organisation

Hello all,
Can any1 help me to identity which of these subjects are rich in ICT content ?
I need to file for ACS this month and do not wish to take any chances in terms of incorrect content. :juggle:
Pls help. Thanx in advance.

Applied Mathematics - I
Applied Sciences - I
Engineering Mechanics
Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Computer Programming - I

Applied Mathematics - II
Applied Sciences - II
Communication Skills
Engineering Drawing
Basic Workshop practice

2nd Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 3
Applied Mathematics - III
Electronics Circuit Analysis and Design - I
Electrical network Analysis & Synthesis - I
Basic of Communication Engineering
Numerical Techniques
Digital Design - I

Applied Mathematics - IV
Electronics Circuit Analysis and Design - II
Control Systems Engineering
Electrical machines and Instruments
Digital Design - II

Applied Mathematics - V
Engineering Electromagnetics
Electronic measuring Instruments
Continuous Time Signals & Systems
Presentation & Communication Techniques
Electronics Workshop

Microwave and Fiber Optic communication
Analog integrated circuits & Applications
Communication Systems
Discrete Time signal processing
Computer Organisation
Industrial Economics & Management

4th Year B.E (Electronics Engineering) Semester - 7
Basics of VLSI
Instrumentation systems
Digital Communication
Filter Theory and Applications
ELECTIVE SUBJECT : Wireless Communication
Project - A

Power Electronics
Mechatronics
ELECTIVE SUBJECT : Robotics
Project - B

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aslam,
Are Digital, Embedded related subjects not covered under ICT?

Also I found in various other threads that ICT also comprises of computing subjects like maths and numerical techniques.......... can these come under ICT.

what about data communication,wireless communication n fiber optic communication?

R all communication related technology topics included under ICT?

pls suggest, as ACS needs atleast 25% in every semester.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
G: Are Digital, Embedded related subjects not covered under ICT?
Sometimes Maths comes under ICT: For example Digital Logic math counts, but I don't think statistics counts. It would depend on the detailed description of the course.

G: what about data communication,wireless communication n fiber optic communication?

Again, depends on the course description. If they are mostly talking about networking stacks, physical layer, etc. then it's IT related, but if it's just about antennas or radio techiniques, then not IT related. Does the course description specifically mention communication protocols?

G: R all communication related technology topics included under ICT?

No, not always. The course description would help ACS in knowing whether the course has a significant IT related content or it's mostly EE related.

Thanks Aslam,
Are Digital, Embedded related subjects not covered under ICT?

Also I found in various other threads that ICT also comprises of computing subjects like maths and numerical techniques.......... can these come under ICT.

what about data communication,wireless communication n fiber optic communication?

R all communication related technology topics included under ICT?

pls suggest, as ACS needs atleast 25% in every semester.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So Gaurav, did you get your ACS assessment cleared? I am in a similar boat as you.

I was looking forward to apply for Australia Immigration and almost ready with papers to file the application.

In the online application form (https://www.acs.org.au/skillsapplication/index.cfm) there comes an option where one has to choose "Skills Application Type" . I am confused which one suits me the best : SKILLS or RPL?

My Qualification is Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from India.

And work wise I am working in software industry as a software engineer for almost 7 years now.

Please advice which is the correct option for me to file my papers? Do I need to file RPL assessment or normal assessment under SKILLS will be good for me?

Please advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dUDE, go through the normal way no need to go via RPL.:)
I have cleared the ACS hurdle. U have graduated from which university?????
I had submitted a detailed BE syllabus of more than 108 pages for all semesters to ensure ACS considers it ICT related. :D
So Gaurav, did you get your ACS assessment cleared? I am in a similar boat as you.

I was looking forward to apply for Australia Immigration and almost ready with papers to file the application.

In the online application form (https://www.acs.org.au/skillsapplication/index.cfm) there comes an option where one has to choose "Skills Application Type" . I am confused which one suits me the best : SKILLS or RPL?

My Qualification is Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from India.

And work wise I am working in software industry as a software engineer for almost 7 years now.

Please advice which is the correct option for me to file my papers? Do I need to file RPL assessment or normal assessment under SKILLS will be good for me?

Please advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your reply has come as cool breeze man...since yesterday I am having my papers ready, and the moment I went to apply online and pay the fees I was confused about the option to select RPL or SKILLS....and I know with RPL I will have to work more on my application...

I did my B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication from Amravati University, Maharashtra, India. My course followed annual pattern of examination i.e. was not divided into semesters, and I just had 4 annual examinations and correspondingly the 4 marksheets.

I am listing below my 4 yrs studied subjects, and I would request you to kindly take a view and let me know if these will work with ICT qualification as desired by ACS.

Year 1:

Mathematics I
Mathematics II
Physics
Chemistry
Computer Science (Covered C, C++ in this)
Engineering Mechanics
Electrical Engineering
Engineering Drawing
Workshop

Year 2:

Mathematics III
Instrumentation
Electrical Engineering II
Communication Theory
Electronics Devices and Circuits
Electrics and Magnetic Fields.
Communication Engineering I
Network Analysis
Electronic Devices Technology
Electronic Workshop

Year 3:

Social Science and Engg Economics
Programming Languages
Advanced Electronics Devices and Circuits
Introduction to Microprocessors
Communication Engineering II
Linear Integrated Circuits
Computer Oriented Operations Research
Television Engineering
Control System Engineering
Power Electronics
Electronic Laboratory

Year 4:

Digital Communications
Microprocessor Applications
Industrial Management and Quality Control
UHF and Microwave
Digital Integrated Circuits
Computer Organization
Electronics Circuit Design
Digital System Design
Biomedical Engineering
Project and Seminar

Also please let me know what should I add in my application apart from the listed documents below to make my application stronger and to make ACS believe that application is very satisfactory and true to its every content.

I am attaching:

Education Documents:
Schooling and College : All mark-sheets and certificates, college degree, character certificate, college leaving certificate

Work : Offer Letter, Joining Letter, Posting Letter, Confirmation Letter, Long Service Award Certificate, Recent Form 16, Recent Two salary slips, Technology related certification (Microsoft)

And Statutory Declaration of my job.

In all these are about 70 pages of documents.

Gaurav, I understand you also did engineering from a stream not related to IT( you work experience), I think you also did from electronics and telecommunications, I really request you please guide me in getting through the assessment process.

Thanks,
Aarkay

dUDE, go through the normal way no need to go via RPL.:)
I have cleared the ACS hurdle. U have graduated from which university?????
I had submitted a detailed BE syllabus of more than 108 pages for all semesters to ensure ACS considers it ICT related. :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have done my BE in Electronics.
U can include ur company's ID card along with ur manager's visiting card/ID card, salary bank account statement, previous employment payslips to make ur case formidable.
University of Mumbai has rich syllabus content and is better than most of the other Universities in India so I was confident that ACS will not ignore the Electronics degree.
All the best.
Your reply has come as cool breeze man...since yesterday I am having my papers ready, and the moment I went to apply online and pay the fees I was confused about the option to select RPL or SKILLS....and I know with RPL I will have to work more on my application...

I did my B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication from Amravati University, Maharashtra, India. My course followed annual pattern of examination i.e. was not divided into semesters, and I just had 4 annual examinations and correspondingly the 4 marksheets.

I am listing below my 4 yrs studied subjects, and I would request you to kindly take a view and let me know if these will work with ICT qualification as desired by ACS.

Year 1:

Mathematics I
Mathematics II
Physics
Chemistry
Computer Science (Covered C, C++ in this)
Engineering Mechanics
Electrical Engineering
Engineering Drawing
Workshop

Year 2:

Mathematics III
Instrumentation
Electrical Engineering II
Communication Theory
Electronics Devices and Circuits
Electrics and Magnetic Fields.
Communication Engineering I
Network Analysis
Electronic Devices Technology
Electronic Workshop

Year 3:

Social Science and Engg Economics
Programming Languages
Advanced Electronics Devices and Circuits
Introduction to Microprocessors
Communication Engineering II
Linear Integrated Circuits
Computer Oriented Operations Research
Television Engineering
Control System Engineering
Power Electronics
Electronic Laboratory

Year 4:

Digital Communications
Microprocessor Applications
Industrial Management and Quality Control
UHF and Microwave
Digital Integrated Circuits
Computer Organization
Electronics Circuit Design
Digital System Design
Biomedical Engineering
Project and Seminar

Also please let me know what should I add in my application apart from the listed documents below to make my application stronger and to make ACS believe that application is very satisfactory and true to its every content.

I am attaching:

Education Documents:
Schooling and College : All mark-sheets and certificates, college degree, character certificate, college leaving certificate

Work : Offer Letter, Joining Letter, Posting Letter, Confirmation Letter, Long Service Award Certificate, Recent Form 16, Recent Two salary slips, Technology related certification (Microsoft)

And Statutory Declaration of my job.

In all these are about 70 pages of documents.

Gaurav, I understand you also did engineering from a stream not related to IT( you work experience), I think you also did from electronics and telecommunications, I really request you please guide me in getting through the assessment process.

Thanks,
Aarkay

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have done my BE in Electronics.
U can include ur company's ID card along with ur manager's visiting card/ID card, salary bank account statement, previous employment payslips to make ur case formidable.
University of Mumbai has rich syllabus content and is better than most of the other Universities in India so I was confident that ACS will not ignore the Electronics degree.
All the best.
Is there a need to get the syllabi attested? I arranged for the old syllabi somehow contacting a college professor, the front cover of which is colored scanned while the pages inside were in actual B/W...is there a need to also get the syllabi attested before sending the hard copies?

Please do reply.. this is the last thing I am stuck with before sending my papers to ACS...

Thanks,
Aarkay

·
Registered
115 Posts
Apologies that i havnt read the whole thread. But i get the zyst of it.

I am en electronics Engineer and was so confused if i should get my assessment as Category B OR shall i go with RPL where you need to prepare a lot of documents like project reports and all that.

Finally I took the risk of applying in Group B.
And they have given me positive assessment equivalent to Group A. :clap2:

But for you reference:

I had:
4 years of Electronics Engineering
1 year of full time Post Graduation Diploma in Advanced software technology.
and 7+ years of IT Industry Experience.

I submitted all 4 years marksheet(Annual Marsheets) of the Engineering degree
Transcript of my PGD course.
And Employee references

So now its up to you how you want to go.

And by the way i did my Electronics degree from North Maharashtra Universty :)where we had smesters...still i submitted the Annual Marksheets..so they are pretty safe.

Yks

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get the syllabus attested, wen you are spending so much the cost of notary is hardly anything. It will make ur application as more authentic.

best wishes, revert back incase any doubts... :)
Is there a need to get the syllabi attested? I arranged for the old syllabi somehow contacting a college professor, the front cover of which is colored scanned while the pages inside were in actual B/W...is there a need to also get the syllabi attested before sending the hard copies?

Please do reply.. this is the last thing I am stuck with before sending my papers to ACS...

Thanks,
Aarkay

Reactions: aryagaurav1984

·
Registered
150 Posts
One last thing:

I have a question for ACS: on final submission of online application, the website says send - "A copy of the signed online ‘application record’ and the email acknowledgement with the reference number."

The 3 page application record that is printed out does not have any particular column to sign it - shall I just simply sign it anywhere at the end? Those who must have recently filed with ACS must have seen this. Kindly tell me where do I need to sign the application record?

Thanks

Get the syllabus attested, wen you are spending so much the cost of notary is hardly anything. It will make ur application as more authentic.

best wishes, revert back incase any doubts... :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes
:)
One last thing:

I have a question for ACS: on final submission of online application, the website says send - "A copy of the signed online ‘application record’ and the email acknowledgement with the reference number."

The 3 page application record that is printed out does not have any particular column to sign it - shall I just simply sign it anywhere at the end? Those who must have recently filed with ACS must have seen this. Kindly tell me where do I need to sign the application record?

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
same boat me as well

HI..

Thanks for valuable inputs here on this thread.. especially the Gaurav case is encouraging :)

am also an engineer in electronics and communications and am also confused between Group B and RPL..

Like Gaurav, Has anybody else has initiated the process under group B being and electronics engineer??

in our engineering subjects, we had subjects of Labs as well, now would a computer programming lab or a microprocessor lab would be considered under ICT subjects?

Thought am going through:: I understand a Group A is core computers (ICT) in academic.. a RPL would be someone who did not have ICT at all (like a mechanical engineer.. or a commerce graduate) and is working in computer fields.. Now that leaves a question, who would fall in group B?? I think that is where electronics and communication guys fall.. who else can fit in group B??

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Aarkay..

I have few questions that i think you would be able to help me out with...

Did you get your ACS results? did you file through group B or RPL?

Did you prepare all by yourself or you took an agents help? and wat would you suggest for people like us who are from electronics and communications and are working in business/system analyst level??

My engineering subjects were almost similar to yours.. i did engineering from VTU (Karnataka)...lemme know..

thanks!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HI..

Thanks for valuable inputs here on this thread.. especially the Gaurav case is encouraging :)

am also an engineer in electronics and communications and am also confused between Group B and RPL..

Like Gaurav, Has anybody else has initiated the process under group B being and electronics engineer??

in our engineering subjects, we had subjects of Labs as well, now would a computer programming lab or a microprocessor lab would be considered under ICT subjects?

Thought am going through:: I understand a Group A is core computers (ICT) in academic.. a RPL would be someone who did not have ICT at all (like a mechanical engineer.. or a commerce graduate) and is working in computer fields.. Now that leaves a question, who would fall in group B?? I think that is where electronics and communication guys fall.. who else can fit in group B??

Thanks!
Correction!!!!!!! I went thru group A :focus:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Correction!!!!!!! I went thru group A :focus:
you were electronics and communication engineer and went through group A?? that's different than i Thought..

Well, i guess, it should mean that it would reeeeaallly be okay for me to go through group B?

is there a difference between them?? cuse just to be on safer side, i would want to go trough group B as I meet the criteria for group A and B (for Group A: if only they consider Electronics and communication as majors in ICT)

I think I would have atleast 20% of subjects related to ICT.. which is what they say in group B with 6 years of experience...

But some agent told me that i am eligible under RPL... and since then am confused..

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you were electronics and communication engineer and went through group A?? that's different than i Thought..

Well, i guess, it should mean that it would reeeeaallly be okay for me to go through group B?

is there a difference between them?? cuse just to be on safer side, i would want to go trough group B as I meet the criteria for group A and B (for Group A: if only they consider Electronics and communication as majors in ICT)

I think I would have atleast 20% of subjects related to ICT.. which is what they say in group B with 6 years of experience...

But some agent told me that i am eligible under RPL... and since then am confused..
Most of the agents are here to confue you and prove that u cannot do ur application on your own.
I had met 2 agents for consulting prior my visa application and I found out that I knew better than them.... so choice is yours.
If you feel safe u can go through Group B. As per my understanding group B is for those who have an Associate Degree - 3 year diploma/degree like BA, BCOM,BSc or those BE/Btech which have no relation with ICT like Mechanical/Civil Engineers etc.
Hope this helps you out. :tongue1:

Reactions: krisho007

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Most of the agents are here to confue you and prove that u cannot do ur application on your own.
I had met 2 agents for consulting prior my visa application and I found out that I knew better than them.... so choice is yours.
If you feel safe u can go through Group B. As per my understanding group B is for those who have an Associate Degree - 3 year diploma/degree like BA, BCOM,BSc or those BE/Btech which have no relation with ICT like Mechanical/Civil Engineers etc.

Just a question out of curiosity - does it matter to DIAC if your application was assessed as group A or B?

·
Registered
177 Posts
wow.. okkay.. because group B says minor in ICT, i think i will feel safe going through that.. as i already satisfy the experience required for group B..

yes this does help.. thanks a lot Gaurav...

although.. am just starting the process and am sure i would have more questions on my way ahead.. so i may bother you again on one or the other things.. (of-course, only if i dont get an answer anywhere already posted in the forum)..

thanks again gaurav..
enjoy!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts