Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gigantic TV but it's not hooked up and only used to watch a DVD every 2-3 months. Only regrets is this time of year. Wimbledon.

Murray's playing at 6 today. Good venue to watch it? Are bars still open even though they won't be selling booze? Suggestions for somewhere down on the DIFC end of town?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Goodfellas in both Tecom and Bur Dubai will have it on, no beers before 7.30 though.

Or hook your laptop up to the TV and stream it?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a gigantic TV but it's not hooked up and only used to watch a DVD every 2-3 months. Only regrets is this time of year. Wimbledon.

Murray's playing at 6 today. Good venue to watch it? Are bars still open even though they won't be selling booze? Suggestions for somewhere down on the DIFC end of town?
You have TV
You have Internet

All you need is an Android TV Box, install the Filmon app after connecting to your internet and the TV, then watch TV to your heart's content.

Seems a shame to have a big-ass TV and only use it every 2-3 months - I mean what are you? A technophobe? ;)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
You have TV
You have Internet

All you need is an Android TV Box, install the Filmon app after connecting to your internet and the TV, then watch TV to your heart's content.

Seems a shame to have a big-ass TV and only use it every 2-3 months - I mean what are you? A technophobe? ;)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can someone translate this into English please?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah. Just can't be ******ed to take an interest. Have the time I watch a dvd I fall asleep 20 minutes in.

Probably too late for today (or even this year) but for next year, what is an Andorid TV box? I googled it and it looks like your typical internet server box. But not same-same?

Daresay you also need a VPN?

Laptop is a Mac. Shouldn't be an issue?

You have TV
You have Internet

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Nah. Just can't be ******ed to take an interest. Have the time I watch a dvd I fall asleep 20 minutes in.

Probably too late for today (or even this year) but for next year, what is an Andorid TV box? I googled it and it looks like your typical internet server box. But not same-same?

Daresay you also need a VPN?

Laptop is a Mac. Shouldn't be an issue?
Android TV box is a gizmo that'll convert a dumb tv into a smart tv - runs on the same operating system as Android phones - easy peasy to use.

No VPN needed for Filmon, they broadcast many many TV channels especially all the terrestrial free to air UK ones.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Don't worry chaps, I've msg'd her links.

Iggles saves the day again. Give me likes because i am cool like that.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Are we allowed to openly talking about android boxes? Are they illegal here or not?
Why not, all they do is convert dumb goggleboxes into smart goggleboxes you'll find them in many of the major electronics stores here. Mine works a treat - it's amazing what you can do with them if you know how :cool: You can even play Angry Birds on them LOL

·
Banned
913 Posts
I have one, its amazing.

I mainly use it for Filmon, and Navi X movies. I can watch any tv programme/film I want if I look hard enough.

Okay its not HD Sky quality but for a one purchase it equals one months hire of sky!

·
Banned
913 Posts
You have TV
You have Internet

Further on from this comment, and from some PM's.

The android box I bought had everything preloaded. I didn't have to install anything, and literally it was plug everything in (easy as plugging in a wifi box) and then learn what channels best suit what i wanted to watch.

No need for illegal VPN's as well.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I use my iPad and an Apple TV. Have the Filmon app and a couple of other websites I stream movies and TV programs from and no need for anything that's not allowed :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.