Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My partner and I are thinking of moving to Australia next year, probably September.
He has a really good job offer and I am a nurse so I think I will be fine getting a job.
I'm really unsure because it is so far from home and I am very close to my family. Having said that it is such a good opportunity I am seriously thinking about it.
I have had some practical advice (nurses register etc) but I am really looking for more personal advice. I would like to know what Australia is like to work as a nurse, my background is Palliative Care and am currently a Rehab case manager so I would like to work in either of these fields.

My other big concern is our dog, I would not think of leaving him so I need some info on quarantine etc. Someone tokd me it was 6 months of quarantine and I can't imagine our little dog surviving that!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Anne

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there Anne,

Welcome to the forum.

If you do a search, there are quite a few nurses who post on here and you'll find lots of useful information.

Which part of Australia were you thinking of moving to? One of the most popular routes for nurses to apply is Queensland Health : Welcome to Queensland Health - Promoting a healthier Queensland

Your dog will be in quarantine for 30 days and it goes by so quickly.

Here's the website for AQIS Bringing Cats and Dogs and other pets to Australia - DAFF . You'll find details of the 3 quarantine stations (Perth, Sydney and Melbourne).

Have you checked out the stickies at the top of the forum page?

Just ask away with any questions....

Dolly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts