Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK, not married..but have 2 kids. 8 years and 2 years.

Had enough of this country and want to move, ideal to east coast of Florida.

Partner doesn't want to move to as has family, relationship not great, really here for the kids.

Doesn't even want to talk about it just a no and then is in a mood at me suggesting it. I know we could have a better life than this country.

Just want a fresh start.

If my partner doesn't want to even entertain the idea, what choice do I have than to go it alone. Yes call me a bad dad.... but I have little or no choice.

Stay in the UK, and get bored stuck in a rut or actually do something about it.

I have 2 houses 1 is rented with no mortgage and the other that we live in has 30% mortgage on nett value.

What steps would I have to go to to basically move to the US...

Anyone point me to some additional info please.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I live in the UK, not married..but have 2 kids. 8 years and 2 years.

Had enough of this country and want to move, ideal to east coast of Florida.

Partner doesn't want to move to as has family, relationship not great, really here for the kids.

Doesn't even want to talk about it just a no and then is in a mood at me suggesting it. I know we could have a better life than this country.

Just want a fresh start.

If my partner doesn't want to even entertain the idea, what choice do I have than to go it alone. Yes call me a bad dad.... but I have little or no choice.

Stay in the UK, and get bored stuck in a rut or actually do something about it.

I have 2 houses 1 is rented with no mortgage and the other that we live in has 30% mortgage on nett value.

What steps would I have to go to to basically move to the US...

Anyone point me to some additional info please.

Here is a good site:

USCIS Home Page

Sounds like your only options are to get a work visa (your prospective employer has to do this for you) or an investment visa.

You can't move to the US until you have a visa which allows you to do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.