Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,,

Any advice is highly appreciated... about where to rent in abudabi....
I will be moving to abudabi in the mid of August and will start working in Khalifa university in Abudabi. I have two sons (5 and 2 years old). The univ. does not provide housing but will give me allowance instead...
I am willing to pay 150 to 170K (or little bit more... if....) per year for the rent... I guess I should not think about 3bedrooms (I have read alot about rent and this money will probably not cover it)... So I am thinking to rent 2bedroom apt, but do not know where is good in the city for me and my work and also the traffic.....
I am looking for a quite, family environment place and a place for my kids to play( probably not in the summer !)
I am cumming from Canada and have never been in uae... so just using google earth to search the area......
Any idea and advice Please...
many thanks..
Dylan

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome Dylanjamal

well the good thing is that khalifa is max 20 min from every part of Abu Dhabi City.

and been honest at the moment there is still very little rental property availible at reasonable prices, however this will change dramatically by the end of the year..

because rentals in Dubai are now between one third and a half of what they are in Abu Dhabi many people are now moving to Dubai and commuting, this is especially common with companies moving their entire staff to Discovery Gardens and similar where they will get a far superior property for half the price and only one hour away.

this will free up several thousand properties in Abu Dhabi.

Also several thousand more properties will complete in Abu dhabi by the end of the year. in places like Marina Square, Central Market, Mushriff Gardens, Raha Gardens/Beach, Golf Gardens, Reef Villas etc however most are late in the year.

currently the cost of renting villas has come down but not to the price you are asking... there will be a lot of villas 2,3,4 and 5 beds completing in Reef Villas near the airport by August/September this could be a good bet for you, also Raha Gardens and Golf Gardens are completing now....

My advise is to try to get the University to accomadate you for at least one-two months to give you time to find a home where you can be happy(happy worker is a better worker) this will also allow time for several thousand more properties to complete.

also note that Abu Dhabi has several parks suitable for the kids but not like other parts of the world where you can let your kids out your door and wander to the park for a few hours, you need to drive them there, as the drivers here are absolute maniacs....

good luck with your move..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome Dylanjamal

well the good thing is that khalifa is max 20 min from every part of Abu Dhabi City.

and been honest at the moment there is still very little rental property availible at reasonable prices, however this will change dramatically by the end of the year..

because rentals in Dubai are now between one third and a half of what they are in Abu Dhabi many people are now moving to Dubai and commuting, this is especially common with companies moving their entire staff to Discovery Gardens and similar where they will get a far superior property for half the price and only one hour away.

this will free up several thousand properties in Abu Dhabi.

Also several thousand more properties will complete in Abu dhabi by the end of the year. in places like Marina Square, Central Market, Mushriff Gardens, Raha Gardens/Beach, Golf Gardens, Reef Villas etc however most are late in the year.

currently the cost of renting villas has come down but not to the price you are asking... there will be a lot of villas 2,3,4 and 5 beds completing in Reef Villas near the airport by August/September this could be a good bet for you, also Raha Gardens and Golf Gardens are completing now....

My advise is to try to get the University to accomadate you for at least one-two months to give you time to find a home where you can be happy(happy worker is a better worker) this will also allow time for several thousand more properties to complete.

also note that Abu Dhabi has several parks suitable for the kids but not like other parts of the world where you can let your kids out your door and wander to the park for a few hours, you need to drive them there, as the drivers here are absolute maniacs....

good luck with your move..
Good advice there. I would also add that current retail advertised rate for 3BR townhouse in Al Raha gardens is 200k yet we know of at least one that went 2 weeks ago for 150k (one cheque) and heaps more currently empty. In one row alone there are 8 empty. in one block there are 18 empty. in the whole development, there are many many already empty and many more are heading home next month. Drive around the development and look for the fluro tags attached to power boxes - these are vacant...

Just around the corner in khalifa city a, new 6BR villa rented for 190. you get the idea. These private LL have big mortgages and unlike the govt developers can-not/will not constrain demand to keep prices up. Market forces have finally starting to correct the AD marketplace.

Seriously consider the commute from Dubai. At least get in a car (with cruise control and a radio!!!) and drive to the springs and back. 2 BR dubai rents as low as 65k - this is for a nice place!

Dont get sucked in and pay the advertised rates in abu dhabi. it is all hype and spin. If the offer is 150 then counter with 100 and demand that the agent present the offer. Else request to meet the LL in person.

Mayotom advice of requesting temp accom is a good one. it will provide you with time to negotiate and allow the market impact over summer hols. plus the paperwork and cashflow impact in the first 6 weeks is hell!

Luck dude.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.