Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a 29 male from Wales (UK) currently in the process of moving to Dubai in July to work as a physiotherapist. My employer is supplying accommodation, car etc with accommodation options of Mirdif or Sports city. Can anyone on here help me out?
1, which has the best social scene
2, which area has the best transport links
3, which area has the most potential for growth

etc etc

All help appreciated

Joe

Registered
Both locations are okay and all depends on what floats your boat so suggest you look around first. Mirdiff is nearer Downtown area and Sports city is nearer the marina and JBR. All great social areas. In terms of transport, neither near the metro but buses and cheap taxis are plentiful all over. From sports city expect to pay around 30 dirhams to Marina etc and I would guess the same from Mirdiff to downtown, but not my area so no idea.

Good luck with the move and be warned...it's getting hot here 馃槃

Registered
Many more young people in Sports City. There's little there so don't expect more than a place to live and a few shops. But you're close enough to the Marina, TECOM, Barsha, JLT, which have bars and restaurants. And not far from Downtown either.

The disadvantage of Mirdiff is that the traffic to/from there is pretty bad during rush hour.

Registered
Just a comment/question on Mirdiff? Isn't it directly in the path of all the flights landing and taking off from the Dubai Airport?

Registered
Only the parts directly under the flight path have any real issues. Mirdiff's real crime however is having no watering holes within walking distance, lol!

Registered
Just a comment/question on Mirdiff? Isn't it directly in the path of all the flights landing and taking off from the Dubai Airport?

yes you right, it is directly in the path where you will have difficultly talking on your mobile phone when a plane passes by. But don't get me wrong it is a good and clean area though. :fingerscrossed:

Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
well it looks like my manager has put me in a place called silicone oasis. arriving on the 1st of aug
Thanks any way
Hi,

It's Silicon - not Silicone!
One is a fully artificial thing that makes something look bigger and better than it is - the other is what boob jobs are made from!

Cheers
Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts