Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which parts of Dubai would be convenient for Media City?
Somewhere reasonably priced, but not with nothing to do around it i.e. shops, bars etc

·
Banned
598 Posts
anywhere in Dubai Marina.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where to Live

Mr. Big-

We are thinking about a move to Dubai and have a 16 year old daughter that will be going to one of the American schools. Any idea which school is the best and what area we should live in that is relatively close to the school? Also, do you have any idea if we can bring our 2 dogs? I am sure I will have a bizillion more questions...................:rolleyes:

·
Banned
598 Posts
Mr. Big-

We are thinking about a move to Dubai and have a 16 year old daughter that will be going to one of the American schools. Any idea which school is the best and what area we should live in that is relatively close to the school? Also, do you have any idea if we can bring our 2 dogs? I am sure I will have a bizillion more questions...................:rolleyes:

ok. have you been to dubai for a visit yet? Dont decide to send your daughter to an american school untill you visit all the IB cirriculum schools. Just because the school is called american school doesnt mean that is where all the american kids go. Besides, there arent many americans here. That just means the teach the american cirriculum. which really sucks compared to the ib.

Where is your husbands work located at here in dubai? Once we have that info then we can tell you good places to live, good school locations, ect..

We didnt use a company to bring our two dogs over here as they were going to charge 5,000usd to do it. So we did it all our selves and it only cost 1000usd. You need to make sure they are up to date on all shots, rabies, microchipped, and a release form from vet stating they are healthy and fit for a long trip.

feel free to ask questions thats what this place is for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
cont.....

Mr. B- Husband will have home office so more important is school. We have not been to visit. What IB schools would you recommend. I have been to visit but quite a while ago. Can you give me an idea of what companies normally pay for expat housing allowance? I really appreciate your help or help from anyone...

·
Banned
598 Posts
Mr. B- Husband will have home office so more important is school. We have not been to visit. What IB schools would you recommend. I have been to visit but quite a while ago. Can you give me an idea of what companies normally pay for expat housing allowance? I really appreciate your help or help from anyone...
Wellington International School
Raffles International School
JESS Arabian Ranches
Greenfield Community School
GEMS World Academy
Dubai International Academy
Dubai American Academy

Those are the best IB schools in my opinion. All of those schools have great communities close by. For housing it depends on what level the employee is on. If they were a president or vp, then of course they would get more than a manager. so its very hard to say. My wife is a VP for her company and we recieve 400k aed a year for housing, where as her employees that are managers only get 185k aed. So you see the posistion you hold gauges what allowance you get. Hope all that helps. good luck.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wellington International School
Raffles International School
JESS Arabian Ranches
Greenfield Community School
GEMS World Academy
Dubai International Academy
Dubai American Academy

Those are the best IB schools in my opinion. All of those schools have great communities close by. For housing it depends on what level the employee is on. If they were a president or vp, then of course they would get more than a manager. so its very hard to say. My wife is a VP for her company and we recieve 400k aed a year for housing, where as her employees that are managers only get 185k aed. So you see the posistion you hold gauges what allowance you get. Hope all that helps. good luck.
She got any jobs?? Your housing allowance is more than the salary I have been offered! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.