Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife finally was granted her Nursing Registration from AHPRA. It's time for us to start searching for jobs.
A little bit about ourselves. My wife is a registered nurse and I'm a paramedic/firefighter with a diploma in OHS. We are from Canada.

We are looking for a nice community near Perth, we have 3 young kids and don't want to be more than 25km from the ocean. The most important part of our relocation aside from employment will be finding schools for our children.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lunny said:
Hi all,

My wife finally was granted her Nursing Registration from AHPRA. It's time for us to start searching for jobs.
A little bit about ourselves. My wife is a registered nurse and I'm a paramedic/firefighter with a diploma in OHS. We are from Canada.

We are looking for a nice community near Perth, we have 3 young kids and don't want to be more than 25km from the ocean. The most important part of our relocation aside from employment will be finding schools for our children.

Good to read about the registration. When and where did you applied?. How long it takes?. I am waiting since 7 months from Aphra Perth office

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahpra

It took 9 months from the Melbourne office and slow,poor communication. We now have 12 months to arrive in Au and sign the appropriate documentation for it to be official.
Goodluck

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear lunny;

Thanks for your message .

Please let me tell you that nobody could suggest the same to you.It should be sorted out all by yourself....this is what I have learnt from my research and advice by experienced expats....I believe following would be helpful:

Australia migration - suburb profiles, accommodation, schools, real estate, jobs in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Darwin and Hobart
PerthPoms Western Australia Migration & Expat Forum
Transperth Homepage
Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au
reiwa.com.au - Perth real estate WA, property land new homes developments for sale rent REIWA

Thanks and in case of any further information please feel free to ask.

best regards.

Hi all,

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have just moved here with our 2 young children and live north of the river.North beach Duncraig all areas round here are good. All areas near the coast are lovely. It will just depend on what budget you have for rental. Perth is very expensive however you can live in a great area in an older style house for less rent. The more inland you go the cheaper it gets. Government schools can be great in good areas otherwise you will have to pay for private schools- can get expensive. Best of luck with your move.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

We have just moved here with our 2 young children and live north of the river.North beach Duncraig all areas round here are good. All areas near the coast are lovely. It will just depend on what budget you have for rental. Perth is very expensive however you can live in a great area in an older style house for less rent. The more inland you go the cheaper it gets. Government schools can be great in good areas otherwise you will have to pay for private schools- can get expensive. Best of luck with your move.
Thanks for the great info, we appreciate it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The areas around Duncraig, north up to Kinross offer good family rental accommodation in easy of the beach and good links to the CBD for work. Have a look at areas like Duncraig, Sorrento, Hillarys, Kalaroo, Mullaloo, Ocean Reef, Currumbine, Kinross, iIluka, Burns Beach, Woodvale, karrinyup. All are good starting locations to get into the Australian lifestyle with good schools and facilities North of the River. A reasonable 4 bed house in these areas should be between $400 - $600 per week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect

Thats the kind of info I was looking for. You are the 2nd one to give me similar advice. This narrows down my search area, and makes it much easier to find our first place. Many thanks....
Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.