Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all

I am looking for the best town to buy property. I want to be on the coast, not more than 1 hour from a city with airport. The town must be on the coast as I would like a home as close to the sea as possible. I am looking for a smallish town/village where its quiet and peaceful. I would still want access to coffee shops, restaurants etc. I looked at San Sebastian but it's very expensive. I was thinking something north of Barcelona. I currently live in a small seaside town with around 4,000 residents and I think that is a good size. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
Good evening all

I am looking for the best town to buy property. I want to be on the coast, not more than 1 hour from a city with airport. The town must be on the coast as I would like a home as close to the sea as possible. I am looking for a smallish town/village where its quiet and peaceful. I would still want access to coffee shops, restaurants etc. I looked at San Sebastian but it's very expensive. I was thinking something north of Barcelona. I currently live in a small seaside town with around 4,000 residents and I think that is a good size. Any ideas?
4,000? San Sebastian is 186,000 according to Wikipedia so good job you didn't find a place there!
Do you mean 4,000 or 40,000?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts

Well if your looking for a small town or village by the sea of about 4,000 people in Northern Spain, that's no more
than an hours drive from the airport ( Asturias Airport ) with, not one but two cities nearby like Gijon and Oviedo.
Then look no further than Lastres ( also known as San Martin del Sella ) is the place to be. It's definately quiet,
peaceful and idyllic although the village Doctors a bit of a character along the lines of Doc Martin.

Still you can judge for yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts