Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are moving to Melbourne for two years in April 2010. We would like to rent a house outside of the city somewhat close to public transportation into the city. We have pets, so we know we need to live further from the city to find something that is affordable. We also love the outdoors and would like to live near some parks. Does anyone know of any specific suburbs or areas we should consider. We do not have children!

Thanks for the assistance!

Matt

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

If you do a search, this subject has come up quite a few times. Also, you could check out the cityhobo website which gives details of some suburbs.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hai mabe

just wanted to welcome you to the forum

cheers
anj

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
My wife and I are moving to Melbourne for two years in April 2010. We would like to rent a house outside of the city somewhat close to public transportation into the city. We have pets, so we know we need to live further from the city to find something that is affordable. We also love the outdoors and would like to live near some parks. Does anyone know of any specific suburbs or areas we should consider. We do not have children!

Thanks for the assistance!

Matt
If you want big houses for less go to Melton. Just 35 kms from CBD, a wonderful little satellite town.

If you want fast transfer to the CBD go to Craigieburn. It has electrified Connex line against Melton which is on Vic1 (slow train). Again out of city and cheaper. Melbourne is fast running out of houses with 1800 migrants landing each week, 600 new units are reqd every week. But I think even 200 are not getting added :(

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
hi all

any one knows abt spouse visa processing times..

Thanks
Rags - please don't hijack a thread with a question that does NOT apply to the topic. Simply do a search on the forum (if you don't know how ask on a new thread) or start a new thread and ask your question there.

Thanks,
Karen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts