Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure this has been done before, but I would like some help with a more specific answer for my situation...
I am going to be studying in Chadstone and my partner in the CBD. Where would be best to look for rental? Ideally I would prefer my partner to have the shorter journey to study than me.
Things I am considering obviously are cost (travel vs rental cost) and area ie. what we can get for our money! and safety...
How easy is it to get around? trains etc...
Just starting to look and really confused to be honest...
Help!:confused:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi darrenruby,

You may have thought of this already - check out google maps for chadstone and then increase the area. It gives you the names of areas and then you can check them out in the real estate websites (link in the 'PLEASE READ...' sticky post).

It shows train lines and then you can connect to Vline (V/Line ? Providing public transport for Victorians) which does the trains for Victoria and see train times, costs etc. I think buses can be found at Home - Metlink - Your guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Depending on where in Chadstone you will be living, you will have a choice of 4 train stations (Alamein/Homesglen/Jordanville/Mt. Waverley). You'll find details on the Metlink link in Karen's post. Also use that link for bus services.

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.