Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any restriction regarding from which country I have to file my application. (I am applying for spouse Visa)
I am currently in US but my project is going to end in 1 - 2 months. After that I will re-locate to India. (I am an Indian Citizen)

I am planning to submit my application in India. Is that ok ?

What is the current address I should put in my application ? India/US ?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can apply from anywhere. I would put an Indian address as that's where you're going to be when it's decided. You can change addresses by filing a form during processing as well. Just keep in good communication with the department and things go fine.

Is there any restriction regarding from which country I have to file my application. (I am applying for spouse Visa)
I am currently in US but my project is going to end in 1 - 2 months. After that I will re-locate to India. (I am an Indian Citizen)

I am planning to submit my application in India. Is that ok ?

What is the current address I should put in my application ? India/US ?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
and dont forget getting PCC done from US if ur spouse has been there for longer thn a yr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Follow-up question, if i file it from India but I am still in US when the decision is made because I got a new project in US. (There is always a possibility of getting a new project in US). Is that a issue ?

I already got my FBI clearance and state police clearance. Is that what you are referring to PCC from US ?

I got clearance from Indian Embassy in US.

Thank you both - amaslam and Anj1976.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
It shouldn't matter where you'll be after your application as long as it's outside AU when the visa is granted. So don't make any visits to AU without informing your Case Officer.

Best advice is to keep your CO informed when you are out of the country where you lodged your visa.

Follow-up question, if i file it from India but I am still in US when the decision is made because I got a new project in US. (There is always a possibility of getting a new project in US). Is that a issue ?

I already got my FBI clearance and state police clearance. Is that what you are referring to PCC from US ?

I got clearance from Indian Embassy in US.

Thank you both - amaslam and Anj1976.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts