Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! The seasons have begun to change, far too quickly as far as I'm concerned. As usual, little advance warning so last week, we are in the upper 70s and now in the low 50s.

A review of the Fall and Winter clothing shows a real need for long sleeve shirts and sweaters. My preference is probably like yours...high quality, low price but I need a bit larger sizes. This is for everyday wear, not business. In the past, I did LL Bean. Their quality has nosedived recently and shipping horrendous. Does anyone have any suggestions for online or catalog retailers here? The local brick and mortar places here are few and their sale prices are never reasonable based upon the poor quality products being offered. Our little town of 16,000 needs a men's shop that offers high quality, good pricing and a selection to choose from. Well maybe sometime in the long, distant future....Thanks very, very much! Warm regards!

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
AFAIK (& remember), quality pretty good, unless things have gone sadly downhill in the last couple of years.

I've got stuff here which is 8-10 years old and is still fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I buy quite a lot from Cotton Traders and the quality's fine. Once you're a customer, you'll get regular emails touting sale items, normally 50% off.

Speaking of quality, I bought a pair of trousers from one one of the big French supermarket chains a few months ago during a house-hunting trip. They literally fell apart within days and I binned them. Granted, they were pretty cheap (about 20 euros), but I can't imagine buying anything so badly made from a UK supermarket.

I was glad to see Cotton Traders now ship to France and plan to carry on using them after my "big move" later in the year.

Al

·
Administrator
51,293 Posts
Lands End and Burton of London both sell online to France. (Burton also has shops in France.) Not particularly cheap (except during the soldes) but both tend to have very good quality stuff. I've gotten a few nice shirts for DH at Burton for Christmas prezzies and they have been very well received.

Otherwise, take a scan through Amazon. Lots of "regular" vendors sell through Amazon these days and I've found that can be a quick way of finding French online vendors. (Find something you like and then check the links at the bottom of the page to go directly to the vendors.)

La Redoute is the French equivalent of the old Sears Roebuck and is definitely worth a look. Have not bought men's clothing from them, but I know DH has now and then.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check Paul Fredrick, they supply worldwide but styles tend to be US biased. I have used them for years because I live in Japan and getting big sizes can be difficult or there is not much choice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You may want to check out the French staples that are Les 3 suisses (3suisses.fr) and La Redoute (redoute.fr). They deliver at home but they also have pick up points (where you can also order) which you may find more convenient. Their catalogues are BIG and the offer different ranges at different prices, from basic one season stuff to good quality, classic design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.