Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all,

Well I have had a frustrating afternoon trying to research different boroughs/suburbs for Bristol to consider reloating to. I have tried finding different community stats etc with nothing that really answers my questions...

So I thought I would give here a try!!!

Basically we are looking for somewhere that is:
  • reasonably close to the 'gay area' of Bristol (and where is that anyways?)
  • close to the ethnic supermarkets and is multicultural
  • pretty safe to walk home at night however is cheap
  • has adequate public transport to main areas including music centres

That's probably a bit much to ask but Google is just not my friend today :( We are happy to live in somewhere that is lower socioeconomic but just not the ghetto and where the neighbours are bashing the **** out of each other every night and you see people sizing up when you are not home :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Why don't you get bed and breakfast accommodation initially for a couple of weeks? There is nothing like being there, talking to the locals and have a real feel about the location.

It is funny that you want a gay friendly multicultural area. I will not mince my words here, I am fully conscious that the stereotype may tarnish some people unfairly, but I think Muslims and most African Christians are some of the most unwelcoming people when it comes to gays, the attitude goes from just obnoxious to outright hostile, but again, you can only know by being there and get a feel for the place.

Good luck with your search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.