Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I am looking to buy a car during Ramadan as i have heard many places do not require a down payment, can anyone help with this please? :)

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
New or second hand?
If its new, then you just have to go to the dealer. There is only one for each brand. Esp. during the second half of Ramadan. They will usually arrange financing with the banks they have tie ups with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New or second hand?
If its new, then you just have to go to the dealer. There is only one for each brand. Esp. during the second half of Ramadan. They will usually arrange financing with the banks they have tie ups with.
Well i would like to buy it brand new, do you know if they normally require a down payment during the ramadan period? Because I heard they do not?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i would like to buy it brand new, do you know if they normally require a down payment during the ramadan period? Because I heard they do not?
Down payment rule is a central bank regulation. Ramadan timing is no exception. They can find way around for you to finance the down payment portion. Just chat with sales guys in the showrooms.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You guys make me laugh.

I think the best times to get cars are either during rammers or DSF, you're always in a better position if you have a bigger deposit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Asking someone to buy a Nissan instead of an Infiniti is just like asking someone to buy a Toyota instead of a Lexus or asking someone to buy a VW instead of an Audi !.

Why not buy a bicycle and save more money ? lol

To the OP, the 20% down payment is a must by the central bank to ensure you are serious and that you are able to pay, that followed the previous financial crisis I believe.

At Infiniti showroom in SZR, there is only 1 sales guy who will accept to give you an Infiniti with 0 down payment. They will just increase the price of the car in the quotation to cover up for the down payment (The bank is aware and will ignore).

Only down side is that your insurance premium for the 1st year would be high since it is calculated on the quotation price (the exaggerated one). But that would only be for the first year. But anyway, I got an Infiniti with complimentary insurance, I believe this offer is still ongoing so it won't matter.

If you are serious about Infiniti I can connect you, private message me.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Asking someone to buy a Nissan instead of an Infiniti is just like asking someone to buy a Toyota instead of a Lexus or asking someone to buy a VW instead of an Audi !
The Infinitis are not that much better than the best of the Nissans, whereas the Lexus' are. VW vs Audi is a strawman discussion as they might be mechanically similar, they've always been entirely different marques.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The Infinitis are not that much better than the best of the Nissans, whereas the Lexus' are. VW vs Audi is a strawman discussion as they might be mechanically similar, they've always been entirely different marques.
That's totally incorrect, some lexus cars are typically toyotas with a touch of luxury, an example is the lexus ES and the toyota avalon, even they carry the same typical chassis. Other models like the lexus IS have no similar toyota models. The Landcruiser and the Lexus LX also are typically the same cars.

Many Infinitis have no similar nissan models (Q50, Q60 & Q70). Their engines, chassis and degree of luxury are totally different, there are no rear wheel drive Nissans as well. Whereas the Q80 for instance is a luxurious nissan patrol copy.

In brief, lexus and infiniti are the luxurious arms of toyota and nissan, while sometimes they may look the same, they are in fact totally different cars and cannot be compared in terms of luxury, technology, infotainment, engine power and ride quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Asking someone to buy a Nissan instead of an Infiniti is just like asking someone to buy a Toyota instead of a Lexus or asking someone to buy a VW instead of an Audi !.

Why not buy a bicycle and save more money ? lol

To the OP, the 20% down payment is a must by the central bank to ensure you are serious and that you are able to pay, that followed the previous financial crisis I believe.

At Infiniti showroom in SZR, there is only 1 sales guy who will accept to give you an Infiniti with 0 down payment. They will just increase the price of the car in the quotation to cover up for the down payment (The bank is aware and will ignore).

Only down side is that your insurance premium for the 1st year would be high since it is calculated on the quotation price (the exaggerated one). But that would only be for the first year. But anyway, I got an Infiniti with complimentary insurance, I believe this offer is still ongoing so it won't matter.

If you are serious about Infiniti I can connect you, private message me.

Hi Abbass

Can you private message me please because it will not allow me to?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,078 Posts
Hi,
I wanted a four seater coupe when I arrived in Dubai and looked at quite a few cars.
We chose an Infinit G37S coupe and it is quite an interesting vehicle - it has 329hp (Porsche Cayman for example is only 325hp in S version).
Most coupes are only two seater - so that ruled out things like the Cayman, Nissan 370Z etc.
The Infiniti is well screwed together and of course, is fully loaded (leather, HID lights, 7 speed flappy paddles, hard drive Bose music system, 4 wheel steering, LSD, rear wheel drive etc. etc).
For the money, quality and reliability record - we found it hard to find anything that powerful that ticked all the boxes.
Calling it a tarted up Nissan is like calling a Porsche 911 a tarted up VW Beetle or a Bentley a tarted up Passat!
Cheers
Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts