Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a question that has been asked loads of times!

But really where do you start!

I have worked out which Visa we would need and believe my husband would have enough points to apply, but how much does it cost? Is that the first step?

Or should we be deciding where about in Australia we want to be?

Or Do we need to get someone to help fill in the form ect and tell us what to be doing?

Many thanks x

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Well you've got off to a good start by working out that you will have enough points to apply for a visa. The next step is finding out if you or your partners job is on the SOL. If you look through the stickies at the top of the forum page they will lead you through what you have to do. Once you've established the main criteria, at some point you can decide on where to live (unless you want to apply for a State Sponsored visa).

If you application is relatively straight forward then you can do it all yourself. I'd say the majority of people use an agent, just to make sure they have filled in all the forms correctly and done what they need to do at the right time etc. If you do use an agent, their fees would be around the £2-3K mark (excluding all visa fees, medicals etc).....agents fees vary so that's not a given. And always make sure that an agent you employ is MIA/MARA registered.

Anyhoo, have a look at those stickies and come back with your questions.

Dolly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Well you've got off to a good start by working out that you will have enough points to apply for a visa. The next step is finding out if you or your partners job is on the SOL. If you look through the stickies at the top of the forum page they will lead you through what you have to do. Once you've established the main criteria, at some point you can decide on where to live (unless you want to apply for a State Sponsored visa).

If you application is relatively straight forward then you can do it all yourself. I'd say the majority of people use an agent, just to make sure they have filled in all the forms correctly and done what they need to do at the right time etc. If you do use an agent, their fees would be around the £2-3K mark (excluding all visa fees, medicals etc).....agents fees vary so that's not a given. And always make sure that an agent you employ is MIA/MARA registered.

Anyhoo, have a look at those stickies and come back with your questions.

Dolly

Thank you very much, i've had a look through the stickies. I'll have another good read through.

How much does the actually Visa ect cost? x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts