Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie question here !! If you leave good old blighty wheres the best place to leave your money if you've sold your house ? In an English bank and forward on the (little) interest each month to a Thai bank ?

Do you have to prove income or anything ?

Just trying to work out the financial side of things ? It seems that its possible to (maybe) live off your interest if you have a large cash deposit somewhere ?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,

SB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. Maybe just dreaming at the minute but I went to thailand and Cambodia last year for a month and I have a friend who is living out there now.

I'm 40 and thinking of packing it all in now and moving to live somewhere else. I guess after selling up i'll have 120K (Sterling) in the bank. Looking to travel a bit first maybe but it will be long term eventually (which ever way I can).

If I could live of the interest without eating into the capital that would be great !! (ideal). Just recieved an email from a friend and says he rents a new 2 bed bungalow outside Pattaya and bills (all to do with the house like rent, electricity, water,etc) come to 300 pounds. So was thinking that if you behave you must be able to live off 5-600 pounds a month ?

He says he has to return to England once a year for a new visa and has to go to Cambodia every 3 months to get another stamp ?

Regards,

Simon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what visa hes got - he was married to a Thai girl before she tried to kill him !! But now hes not married (but still alive).

Has to go back to Hull once a year to apply for a year long visa but still has to go to Cambodia every 3 months I think ?

Looks like the cash thing might be a little close for comfort :confused2:

It wasn't neccesarily Pattaya I was thinking of going, I would travel first and then find somewhere to settle. I hear the north of the counrty is the cheapest ? No seaside then though !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.