Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Really need to get some HP Brown Sauce.

Anyone seen any in Makati, or other area nearby?

Thanks
I would try at any of the larger Puregold stores or if not there, you might try at a duty free shop/store at Clark, Angeles or in Subic Bay if you get over that way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,553 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Really need to get some HP Brown Sauce.

Anyone seen any in Makati, or other area nearby?

Thanks
Have you tried finding it yet? The SM Hypermarket at MOA has a pretty large import section.

·
Registered
774 Posts
You might look in S & R

·
Super Moderator
3,553 Posts
Hard to find imported foods/sacues

Yes SM Supers have a lot of American imports or as they call them Western Imports
I finally got my first bottle of "Siracha Sauce" after living here 5 years from an SM grocery store but it was packed under the importers company name with Siracha in the middle, it still had the green twist top but ?. I didn't know if this was the original sauce till I got home and sure enough, I drove back 3 days later to buy it all and it was no longer carried.

If you do find something like this buy it up, the HP sauce? I've never tried it but the bottle looks like A1 Steak Sauce, does it taste the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HP sauce can be bought at Rustan's Supermarket (Shangri-La Plaza - Ortigas) off the shelf for 120 Peso or in the larger SM Supermarkets (Imported Section).

·
Registered
982 Posts
HP sauce can be bought at Rustan's Supermarket (Shangri-La Plaza - Ortigas) off the shelf for 120 Peso or in the larger SM Supermarkets (Imported Section).
Cheaper than here in the US. I'd try it but I'm not an A1 Sauce fan of which I heard this was similar to.

·
Registered
982 Posts
A1 sauce is a pale imitation of HP sauce in my opinion. HP tangier and more fruity! But I'm biased being a Brit :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum
I rarely put anything on meat as I want the full flavor of it. It's like spoiling a good cup of coffee with cream and sugar, or a good whiskey with water or coke lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed! Wouldn't dream of putting it on a good steak! Only with a full English breakfast lol.
Also agree no sugar or cream in coffee for me and adding water to a smooth single malt is sacrilege!

·
Super Moderator
3,553 Posts
English Breakfast

Agreed! Wouldn't dream of putting it on a good steak! Only with a full English breakfast lol.
Also agree no sugar or cream in coffee for me and adding water to a smooth single malt is sacrilege!

That's what I read online, it's the prefered sauce for English Breakfast and also that the recipe had changed, less salt, my wife loves A1 so I'll bet she'd prefer HP sauce over A1.

Miss the Heinz 57 for sausages, I thinks it's sold every blue moon in our area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts