Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed 3 Honda dealers asking if they can get a Honda Fury, only one replied with an offer for small bikes. I found a listed used Fury in Manila for twice the price I'd expect to pay.
Does anyone know a dealer, Manila, Angeles etc that sell bigger bikes?

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
HARLEY DAVIDSON of MANILA of course...if you are interested in the really BIG bikes! They are located in San Juan right on EDSA and they currently have a very nice selection of bikes on site. I was just there a few days ago and they easily had 50 or 60 bikes in the showroom, (8 or 10) and warehouse, (40 or 50 bikes right behind the showroom).

Also, the only Honda dealer that I have seen that carries the bigger bikes is the dealer in Makati! They had two Fury's in stock when I was there a few weeks ago...

Every time I asked about the bigger bikes, everyone always told me to go to the Honda dealer in Makati,, but I am a true Harley enthusiast at heart.

I had one friend who told me that the biggest selection of bikes in the Philippines is noted as the motorcycle capital of the Philippines and it is on 10th Avenue in Caloocan City...I have not been there yet but I am told there are literally hundreds of motorcycle shops, accessory shops, mechanics, etc. all crammed onto this one street for several blocks! You may want to make a visit to this location. I am told that if it exists in the Philippines you will find it here as far as motorcycles go.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
One thing to keep in mind if after a big bike. The big ones like the Honda Goldwings are specialty bikes here. Much of it is computerized and as such can be near impossible to find someone truly qualified to work on it. This is especially true if outside the bigger cities. So called mechanics here hardly know enough to be able to keep the 155cc bikes running. Just imagine the damage that would be done to a piece of art like a Harley or Goldwing!
Another issue is going to be locating parts when needed. Think twice real hard before jumping into the big bike game here. This ain't Kansas..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what do I do, get an older precomputer bike that I can repair? I still can't find a link to a Honda Fury for sale.
I'll never get over what trash Harleys were years ago, the rear cylinder over heated among other things, I just looked at the Vrod, I thought they were more money. Harley prices really have come down. A Vrod at home is under 20k CAD. I sent an email to HD ph for a price. Their site is screwed up and getting an answer from anyone in the Ph,, good luck. Every other Harley dealer posts the price.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The best advantage to having a big bike is that anything less than 400cc is NOT allowed on the highways, expressways and Skyway...ONLY bikes larger than 400cc are allowed. Smaller bikes are good for in town use only or in the Province.

·
Registered
644 Posts
so what do I do, get an older precomputer bike that I can repair? I still can't find a link to a Honda Fury for sale.
I'll never get over what trash Harleys were years ago, the rear cylinder over heated among other things, I just looked at the Vrod, I thought they were more money. Harley prices really have come down. A Vrod at home is under 20k CAD. I sent an email to HD ph for a price. Their site is screwed up and getting an answer from anyone in the Ph,, good luck. Every other Harley dealer posts the price.

The Manila Harley shop has several factory trained mechanics on staff, and they are required to get upgrades and recertification twice a year...I can't speak for the other bike manufacturers. It seems like anyone here with a box of tools can open up a mechanic shop and you never know what you are really getting in terms of quality.

·
Registered
271 Posts
IMHO, you're not finding alot of ads/availability because the Fury is just not a popular bike here in the PI.

Here is a 2014 Fury - p800k Ad is 3 days old.

VT1300 CX Honda Fury Chopper For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) VT1300 CX Honda Fury Chopper On OLX

Here are some more ads

Motorcycle & Used motorcycle Philippines for sale | Priceprice.com

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There were a few big bikes at the American Hardware inside Subic last time I was there.
No Harleys but I saw a couple of BMW's there and some dirt bikes 400cc's.

They're beside thal mall.[/QUOTE
There was a nice kz 750 for sale in baretto before i left,2000 usd

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ted ,there was a nice kaw kz 750 for sale in baretto for 2000 usd before i left. Would have bought it but i have 2 already. Thats a good price. Buddy sold a honda 750 for 200,000 php in kali beach..too much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMHO, you're not finding alot of ads/availability because the Fury is just not a popular bike here in the PI.

Here is a 2014 Fury - p800k Ad is 3 days old.

VT1300 CX Honda Fury Chopper For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) VT1300 CX Honda Fury Chopper On OLX

Here are some more ads

Motorcycle & Used motorcycle Philippines for sale | Priceprice.com
I saw that Fury add, 800k ps, they don't sell for anything close to that in CAD for a new one, I'd rather have a Vrod if the price isn't crazy. I read a Vrods review once where they left the bike sit and idle all day in Death Valley and it didn't over heat.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The prices of imported bigger bikes are almost double of what we can get in the US.

I have a VROD that I bought used in 2009 for 600,000p. It is a grey market bike. I would not recommend a grey market bike at this time. You can buy a brand new bike on the up and up but it will cost you.

A brand new VROD at the Harley Dealership in Greenhills will cost you 1.2Mphp. The same bike brand new in the US goes for $17K+. I know bikes are a little more expensive in Canada but am willing to bet they are no where near the Philippine prices.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The prices of imported bigger bikes are almost double of what we can get in the US.

I have a VROD that I bought used in 2009 for 600,000p. It is a grey market bike. I would not recommend a grey market bike at this time. You can buy a brand new bike on the up and up but it will cost you.

A brand new VROD at the Harley Dealership in Greenhills will cost you 1.2Mphp. The same bike brand new in the US goes for $17K+. I know bikes are a little more expensive in Canada but am willing to bet they are no where near the Philippine prices.
hhhh? bumper,,, I hadn't expected the price to be double, Are car prices crazy ??. Last time I was there I asked an Ozy about his Toyota SUV, she said it was cheaper than buying in Oz.

·
Registered
271 Posts
2 Expats who live near me just bought 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650's from Suzuki Big Bikes Makati for P350K each. Nice Bike in Angeles City has one for rent if you want to see/ride one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2 Expats who live near me just bought 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650's from Suzuki Big Bikes Makati for P350K each. Nice Bike in Angeles City has one for rent if you want to see/ride one.

Thanks, I'll be in Angeles this week, maybe I'll rent it. I usually get a scooter. I haven't been crazy for scooters, I thought any I rode could use more front end rake.
At home, I've never had a stock bike going back to '68. I've always at least repainted them. I won't be able to do that in Philippines, so I'd like to buy a nice looking stock bike, if not than just something to ride, :(
That Suzuki has a great write up for being a comfortable bike to ride. Even the seat. i couldn't find any bad reviews, some Suz bikes mention Chinese parts in them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can try Hardcore brothers custom motorcycles in Makati. They have an assortment of consignment bikes and also established the Royal Enfield line in the Philippines. Jimmy, the owner at Hardcore gave me a new 2012 Enfield Bullet for a month in 2012. Not for everyone, but a cool ride none the less. I think they go for $9,000 or so new.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Royal Enfields, I don't think they're modern enough, I remember BSA, Triumph, Harley from late 60's early 70's, I had a few 650 BSA, a while ago someone offered me a free 650 BSA in parts, I said no thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Royal Enfields, I don't think they're modern enough, I remember BSA, Triumph, Harley from late 60's early 70's, I had a few 650 BSA, a while ago someone offered me a free 650 BSA in parts, I said no thanks
Like I said, not for everyone. New Bullet is fuel injected, 5 speed. unit construction. A similar concept as the new Bonnevile,Or the Guzzi V7. All contenders for market share among the available big bikes in the Philippines that can be bought new from a dealer with dealer support, ect...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts