Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife has applied for 190 visa two days ago. We are based and are from Pakistan. I want to know as we have lodged our visa, when should we book our appointments and undertake our health examinations. We have already updated our details at e-Medical and got our referral letters. We want to get it done before the CO asks for it so that it can save us time. However, I came across a document named "Arranging a Health Examination" in which it says:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

So is it wise that we should wait until our CO is assigned and then ask for our medical or should we get our appointment and get done with our medical beforehand.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Refer to my following post regarding MEDICALS - PCC and IED in to Australia.

When to go for your MEDICALS ? :confused2::confused2:

Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife has applied for 190 visa two days ago. We are based and are from Pakistan. I want to know as we have lodged our visa, when should we book our appointments and undertake our health examinations. We have already updated our details at e-Medical and got our referral letters. We want to get it done before the CO asks for it so that it can save us time. However, I came across a document named "Arranging a Health Examination" in which it says:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

So is it wise that we should wait until our CO is assigned and then ask for our medical or should we get our appointment and get done with our medical beforehand.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It directs me to an irrelevant post. Can you copy and paste your post here? Will highly appreciate that

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi ,
there are usually 3 different times when you can go for your medicals.

1. Before getting an invite for VISA. THis can happen through the -medical portal on immigration website. You need to generate a HAP-ID first and provide it to the clinic.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/electronic-health-processing.htm
This process can be followed before getting an invite.
2. After receiving the invite many people get their medicals done immideately to avoid delays at later stage.
3. After you lodge your VISA the CO advises you to go for your medical checkups. and then gives you 28 days time to apply the same and upload the results.

But you need to remember although all three options are viable your IED into Australia may depend on the date of medicals or PCC.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi ,
there are usually 3 different times when you can go for your medicals.

1. Before getting an invite for VISA. THis can happen through the -medical portal on immigration website. You need to generate a HAP-ID first and provide it to the clinic.
Electronic Health Processing
This process can be followed before getting an invite.
2. After receiving the invite many people get their medicals done immideately to avoid delays at later stage.
3. After you lodge your VISA the CO advises you to go for your medical checkups. and then gives you 28 days time to apply the same and upload the results.

But you need to remember although all three options are viable your IED into Australia may depend on the date of medicals or PCC.
Hi,
According to option 3, if I already lodged visa, I have to wait till CO asks me to do MCC??? How come my agent asked me to do MCC now 2 days after lodging my visa??

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi ,
IAs I Said there are 3 options.
2nd option is you can go ahead with medicals as soon as you lodge your VISA. no need to wait for CO to be assigned.

3rd option is to wait for the CO to be assigned and he asks you to do the medicals.
Its entirely your choice.

You can even do the medicals before even receiving an invite.

Hi,
According to option 3, if I already lodged visa, I have to wait till CO asks me to do MCC??? How come my agent asked me to do MCC now 2 days after lodging my visa??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts