Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi experts,

I applied for ACS a week ago and got +ve today. I need to improve my IELTS for reading which is 6.5 (though overall is 7.5)
Could you help me when should I start next stage? Should I wait for my IELTS score to come? I am applying for only 189 skilled for 261312.

:confused:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Please provide more information. Without IELTS how much score are you getting....
If you are making up 60 points then you can update your EOI now.
Later on appear for PTE. if you score more points update your EOI to reflect more points.
you will have one months time as new invitations for 2613 will start only in July.
Even if you are not able to score enough in PTE/IELTS next time atleast you will be in queue with EOI submission date of June.

Reactions: Off_Target

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi experts,

I applied for ACS a week ago and got +ve today. I need to improve my IELTS for reading which is 6.5 (though overall is 7.5)
Could you help me when should I start next stage? Should I wait for my IELTS score to come? I am applying for only 189 skilled for 261312.

You should not apply for EOI until you have evidences of having completed and scored for all the items you are claiming points for in the EOI.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes. But in this case he has already appeared for IELTS.
So can't he submit EOI if he is scoring 60 points without IELTS score.
he has 6.5 in each band so I think he will be able to submit EOI based on this evidence.
Let me know if I am wrong.

You should not apply for EOI until you have evidences of having completed and scored for all the items you are claiming points for in the EOI.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You have shared very little information for your question.

IF you have 60 points then you can go ahead and submit your EOI for 189 (next step after IELTS & Skills Assessment).

Hi experts,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes. But in this case he has already appeared for IELTS.
So can't he submit EOI if he is scoring 60 points without IELTS score.
he has 6.5 in each band so I think he will be able to submit EOI based on this evidence.
Let me know if I am wrong.
Yes that's why I state that "...evidences of having completed and scored for all the items you are claiming points...". So if he can score 60 without IELTS 7.0 in getting the 60 points score then yes should apply EOI now...

Reactions: happieaussie2016

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please provide more information. Without IELTS how much score are you getting....
If you are making up 60 points then you can update your EOI now.
Later on appear for PTE. if you score more points update your EOI to reflect more points.
you will have one months time as new invitations for 2613 will start only in July.
Even if you are not able to score enough in PTE/IELTS next time atleast you will be in queue with EOI submission date of June.
Thanks for the reply. I dont make 60 points now.
As of now, age-25
Degree- 15
Overseas exp- 15

So I guess I must get IELTS above 7 which I missed by .5 in reading :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I dont make 60 points now.
As of now, age-25
Degree- 15
Overseas exp- 15

So I guess I must get IELTS above 7 which I missed by .5 in reading :(
Indeed...

And, if you apply for the EOI now but later fail to provide evidences of the claims with dates then Visa will be refused and the paid fee forfeited because it will be seen as having jumped the queue to Visa while the eligibility criteria was not met.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts