Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have gotten an offer letter from a company in UAE, its a big MNC FMCG.
I have accepted it and signed it.

Wanted to know, when should I resign from my current company? Should I wait for the Visa? If I do, I wont be able to join on time (as asked by the new company).

Need opinions. Does it happen that visa gets rejected? I have travelled to UAE quite a few times and never had an issue with visit visa.

Your inputs are welcome.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Based on your post, I'm presuming that your current company is in Pakistan. So wouldn't you need to complete your notice period and is your new company not aware of this time period? If yes, then ideally they should have your visa processed and ready for you to leave as soon as you complete your current notice period.

Is the new company bringing you to Dubai on a visit visa first or an employment visa?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The are bringing me on work visa. And yes they are aware of the notice period, but as I have heard, visa in sharjah, can take upto 20-22 days. And the new company wants me to join a bit early. They have asked me to resign, but I am a bit hesitant.
I dont have the visa in hand.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Let them know that you'll join as soon as you are able to travel with a visa. They can't expect you to start without physically being in the UAE, can they? I understand your hesitation and frankly would not risk it personally myself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know if it's different in Sharjah, or coming from Pakistan, but I (and all of my colleagues) have arrived here and started work on a 30 day visa, lodging the application for a work visa on arrival.

Is it possible to get a work visa from outside the country? I was told it could only be processed when I arrived due to them needing hard copy of passport, entry visa, various signatures etc etc.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I don't know if it's different in Sharjah, or coming from Pakistan, but I (and all of my colleagues) have arrived here and started work on a 30 day visa, lodging the application for a work visa on arrival. Is it possible to get a work visa from outside the country? I was told it could only be processed when I arrived due to them needing hard copy of passport, entry visa, various signatures etc etc.
If the employer applies, as they should in advance rather than bringing the individual in on a visit visa, a pink slip/entry permit is issued. This is the first step to process the work permit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts