Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but it has been interesting reading about everyone's experiences - very helpful. I wonder if anyone can help me with a query...

We are emigrating from UK to Vancouver in July 2010 - my wife (and therefore the kids too) are all Canadian, and we have therefore used the "sponsor" route to get accpeted. I now have visa and PR certificate, which just has to be "activated" I believe when we "land". The latest date on which we can arrive is July 27th.

We are going to be having a reconnaisance mission at the end of March for 2 weeks, to look at rentals / schools etc (we are thinking of Maple Ridge area) and are unsure whether we should formally get the PR stuff done then, or whether we need to wait for our permanent move later in the year.

Does anyone know if this choice is of any significance, and also, if I "land" now in March, can we still send out personal goods later on without having to pay any improt taxes?

It's all a bit of a mystery so if anyone could shed any light on it it would be much appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but it has been interesting reading about everyone's experiences - very helpful. I wonder if anyone can help me with a query...

We are emigrating from UK to Vancouver in July 2010 - my wife (and therefore the kids too) are all Canadian, and we have therefore used the "sponsor" route to get accpeted. I now have visa and PR certificate, which just has to be "activated" I believe when we "land". The latest date on which we can arrive is July 27th.

We are going to be having a reconnaisance mission at the end of March for 2 weeks, to look at rentals / schools etc (we are thinking of Maple Ridge area) and are unsure whether we should formally get the PR stuff done then, or whether we need to wait for our permanent move later in the year.

Does anyone know if this choice is of any significance, and also, if I "land" now in March, can we still send out personal goods later on without having to pay any improt taxes?

It's all a bit of a mystery so if anyone could shed any light on it it would be much appreciated.

Andy
Yes, you may land in March. Just present the Immigration Officer with a list of "Goods to Follow' which will allow you to bring them later without exacting and import duties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.