Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Q. Do we need to wait for DIAC officials to ask for PCC for GSM 175 Visa (i.e., sometime after filling up application) or can we get it done prior to lodging our 175 application, so that we can save some time?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
karan_2891 said:
Hi,

I have a Q. Do we need to wait for DIAC officials to ask for PCC for GSM 175 Visa (i.e., sometime after filling up application) or can we get it done prior to lodging our 175 application, so that we can save some time?

Thanks
I got it done 2 months after applying for 175. Just to expedite the process.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
The date of issue of PCC or Med determines ur initial entry date, usually it is one year from the issue date. For example, if the PCC is issued as of June 1st and ur visa is granted only by October, then you have only time till June 2013 to make ur initial entry. But if you think PCC is going to take lot of time then may be u can go ahead and apply for it. But keep in mind, for Med done from e-health clinic, u need to present ur passport. So if ur passport is with RPO then u have wait till u get the PCC to do Meds.
Unless PCC is going to be difficult for u or requires multiple PCCs, wait for the CO to request it.
My 2 cents...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
louisam said:
The date of issue of PCC or Med determines ur initial entry date, usually it is one year from the issue date. For example, if the PCC is issued as of June 1st and ur visa is granted only by October, then you have only time till June 2013 to make ur initial entry. But if you think PCC is going to take lot of time then may be u can go ahead and apply for it. But keep in mind, for Med done from e-health clinic, u need to present ur passport. So if ur passport is with RPO then u have wait till u get the PCC to do Meds.
Unless PCC is going to be difficult for u or requires multiple PCCs, wait for the CO to request it.
My 2 cents...
PCC is just a stamp on the passport right? And I guess it's stamped at the passport office itself if all your documents are present and current address is same as address mention in PCC form. Right?

Vijay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
If ur passport address is same as the current address, then yes, it is a one day job. Else it depends on the issuing authority to verify the address proof and issue it..That might take a while..
PCC is actually a piece of paper which RPO issues. This is the one u need to submit to DIAC when they request it. Stamp on the passport is just an evidence which says that u've been issued with a PCC and doesnt have any value of it s own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
louisam said:
If ur passport address is same as the current address, then yes, it is a one day job. Else it depends on the issuing authority to verify the address proof and issue it..That might take a while..
PCC is actually a piece of paper which RPO issues. This is the one u need to submit to DIAC when they request it. Stamp on the passport is just an evidence which says that u've been issued with a PCC and doesnt have any value of it s own.
So it can be done twice, right? I can get it done now, wait for the CO to get assigned. If I get a CO in a month or two, I use the same PCC. Else get a new PCC done.

Yeah, I'm thinking too much but I want to be ready with all docs once a CO is assigned.

Vijay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
It all depends on how ur PSK is . I have heard various stories on this forum about various PSK's. Some want spouse names on passport , some want same address etc.

My PSK was in bangalore and my address on my passport is not from KA .But i got it the same day and even without my spouse name on it . Same with her . But her address is from BLR on the Passport but not the current address.

Anyways . Wait for the CO . As the entry dates depend on it . Also check with someone whose done it in ur PSK and check how they r with applications.

I didnt have any police verification , also PCC is not a stamp anymore . its a letter to concern authority.

Cheers
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top