Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done EOI and submiitted for state nomination now waiting for the outcome. The question is, do I need to start the PCC in parallel? Since i lived in a foreign country for more than a year( in Japan). Please advice i should get the PCC from Japan consulate before getting nomination?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You would need to apply at the local Indian embassy. I believe they get in touch with the Regional Passport Office which issued your passport for clearance. I got mine in 2 days from the New York embassy (my RPO being Mumbai). YMMV.

I would suggest applying for one now - in case it takes a long time. If it's quick, it might expire by the time you need it - but you'll already know that getting another one doesn't take much time. If it takes a while - you'll have it by the time you need it.

EDIT: I misread your question. Same logic as applying for an Indian PCC holds though - apply for one now to be on the safer side. You can always reapply if it expires.

Reactions: Abhilashrs

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wait for the invite first and then initiate the paper work. if your grant is issued, the arrival date would be 1 year from the date of issuance of PCC or Medical ( Earliest) . You dont want to end up getting less than 6 months to activate your residency. So do it after the invite comes through

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait for the invite first and then initiate the paper work. if your grant is issued, the arrival date would be 1 year from the date of issuance of PCC or Medical ( Earliest) . You dont want to end up getting less than 6 months to activate your residency. So do it after the invite comes through
I have contracted Japan Embassy, they said to get a PCC, it take morethan 2 months. So I am thinking to apply for the PCC now. Will that be fine right? Do I need to obtain PCC for my family aswell from Japan Embassy? (because my family accompanied me during that tenure). Thanks. Please advice.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
PCC would be required or all applicants above 16 years of age and from all countries where they have stayed for more than 12 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts