Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I'm hearing about VETASSESS over ACS so not sure when to select whom?

I have a BCom degree from Delhi University so someone tells me that I should get this qualification assessed from VETASSESS so will ACS not do it along with my other IT experience ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
HI

I'm hearing about VETASSESS over ACS so not sure when to select whom?

I have a BCom degree from Delhi University so someone tells me that I should get this qualification assessed from VETASSESS so will ACS not do it along with my other IT experience ?
Since you have have BCOM degree, there is a high possibility that ACS will deduct 4-6 years from your overall work experience. If you dont plan on claiming points for your work experience, then you should go for VETASSESS and get your educational qualification assessed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you have have BCOM degree, there is a high possibility that ACS will deduct 4-6 years from your overall work experience. If you dont plan on claiming points for your work experience, then you should go for VETASSESS and get your educational qualification assessed.
Thanks Bob but I DO want to claim work experience points so my summary for points is:

Qualification: BCom
Experience 13 years in IT
IELTS score 7 in all

So reading the Skills assessment guide PDF on ACS site, I will loose 2 years towards suitability criteria leaving 11 years of relevant experience. Then if BCom is considered non ICT Bachelor not closely related to occupation then another 6 years deducted out of 11 so leaving 7 years of experience.

My question is if this will then entitle me to claim 10 points for work experience as I will fall in the less then 8 but more than 5 years experience category?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As BCom has no computer subjects, the question really is if the assessment will consider BCom as ICT Minor or Non ICT. If the later then I will have to go for RPL?

I also have MBA IT but I did completed that in 2011 so the second question is that if I use that education for assessment, will my experience start to count post 2011 or the IT experience since 1998 will be counted ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well.. I believe the better option for you would be to apply through RPL since you will have 7 years of experience assessed with which you can claim 10 points. And ACS will consider Bcom as NON ICT.

If you use MBA, you wouldn't be able to claim points for work experience as ACS will deduct 2 years of experience which inturn wouldnt let you claim any points for your work experience.

On a side note, you should give another attempt for IELTS and aim for 8 in all modules. Its an additional 10 points in which case you have a higher chance of getting an invite if you are going for the 189 path.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Guys,

I want to apply under subclass 190 SA SS for ANZSCO 225212 ICT Business Development Manager.(can do that only after july2014 once the ceiling resets)

I have exactly 2 years and one month of experience working as IT BDM from my current job.

As I understand it VETASSESS would need atleast 1 year experience to give me a positive assessment and since I have 3 years BBA degree and an MSc in IT Management degree done in 1 year from the UK, I hope I'll get a +ve outcome from them.

Also then to be eligible to apply for South Australia State Sponsorship, I'd need to show atleast one year of work experience.

Now I want to understand is it safe to apply under this ANZSCO code with just 2 years of overall experience!?

Cheers,
G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts