Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We have recently received our grant for PR and hope to move to Brisbane in September. My husband is a plasterer.

My question is how did people tie in booking flights when you have a house to sell? Book them for roughly when you want to go and then if you have to change the departure date, do so when contracts have exchanged on the house so you have a move date? Book them when the house is sold? Trouble is the later you leave it, the more expensive flights become.

Not sure how to approach this really. What would you guys do?

Thanks.

Laura

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll think I'll do the safe option and wait until we've exchanged contracts on the house before buying our flight tickets.

Brisbane seems to be the place to be then?! We can't wait.

Nicki - have your got your visa yet? We got ours about a month ago now and want to move ASAP. Know wish area you're going to live?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caloundra is lovely - great choice! We're not quite sure at the minute as we'll initially be living with my father who lives in Samford. The plan is to go house hunting once we get there. I'm researching schools/nurseries at the minute as that's important when two children will be in tow! Are you planning on finding work when you get out there or do you have something lined up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.