Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Just wanted to find out when I could apply for the ILR? My FLR expries on Feb 14th 2014. Is it 28 days before expiration or up to one month?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It's 2 years minus 28 days from when you entered UK with your current visa.
If your FLR was issued in UK, it's 4 weeks before expiry which is 28 days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys.
We now have the 2014 Life In The UK book and I wonder how many Brits could pass the test!
My Minnesotan wife will reach her 2 year mark in September, so I guess the question people always ask is when to apply to sit the test. However, here's another: does a lack of a regular employment history in that time count as a black mark? My wife's had a bit of a patchy time of it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Hi guys.
We now have the 2014 Life In The UK book and I wonder how many Brits could pass the test!
My Minnesotan wife will reach her 2 year mark in September, so I guess the question people always ask is when to apply to sit the test. However, here's another: does a lack of a regular employment history in that time count as a black mark? My wife's had a bit of a patchy time of it, unfortunately.
I've taken a mock test based on the actual questions in the real test. The result was I should be deported and I was born and bred in the NW UK.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi guys. We now have the 2014 Life In The UK book and I wonder how many Brits could pass the test! My Minnesotan wife will reach her 2 year mark in September, so I guess the question people always ask is when to apply to sit the test. However, here's another: does a lack of a regular employment history in that time count as a black mark? My wife's had a bit of a patchy time of it, unfortunately.
My 2 year mark is in Aug, I sat the test few months back in December. Passed it the first time. It's not too bad, just study and take as many practise test as you can.

On the job part, I wouldn't think her lack of employment should matter. I think UKBA would know its a bit rough finding a new job in a new country. It took me just over a year to get the job I have now. Has she tried registering with agencies? They helped me a lot with getting UK experience. Also volunteer with as much as she can would only help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.