Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
For visitor visa subclass 600, do we need to apply for health insurance once the visa is granted and the applicant lands in Australia? Or do we need health insurance before applying for the visa?

Which health insurance will be good and how to apply?

Note: The applicant is a child of 6 or 7 months age.

Thanks,
Pratap

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
Hello,
For visitor visa subclass 600, do we need to apply for health insurance once the visa is granted and the applicant lands in Australia? Or do we need health insurance before applying for the visa?

Thanks,
Pratap
Is the insurance a condition on the grant of the visa ?

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the insurance a condition on the grant of the visa ?

Cheers
As per homeaffairs website, the health insurance condition might be attach to the visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...ons/see-your-visa-conditions?product=600-29B#

Please see the attachment.

I am not sure whether the applicant need to already have health insurance before applying or we need to apply after grant and arrival to Australia.

There is no guarantee that the visitor visa will be granted and so there is no point in getting the insurance before grant.

Thanks,
Pratap

Attachments

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
As per homeaffairs website, the health insurance condition might be attach to the visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...ons/see-your-visa-conditions?product=600-29B#

Please see the attachment.

I am not sure whether the applicant need to already have health insurance before applying or we need to apply after grant and arrival to Australia.

There is no guarantee that the visitor visa will be granted and so there is no point in getting the insurance before grant.

Thanks,
Pratap
You should have a valid medical insurance before you land in Australia
No point in getting it beforehand

Cheers

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
You mean after the visa is granted and before landing?
That’s correct
And you have to make sure that it meets the requirements of the visa
Australian health insurers issue specific policies which meet these requirements, and you have to buy only those
If the applicant has any existing disease, the insurers may not issue one

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s correct
And you have to make sure that it meets the requirements of the visa
Australian health insurers issue specific policies which meet these requirements, and you have to buy only those
If the applicant has any existing disease, the insurers may not issue one

Cheers
Thank you for your response.

For visitor visa (subclass 600), there is a question "Does the applicant have health insurance arranged for their stay in Australia?". Do i need to answer NO and proceed?

Since the child is under 1 year of age, we need to have the vaccinations for the baby when in Australia. There is another question "Does any applicant intend to enter a hospital or a health care facility (including nursing homes) while in Australia?". Do i need to answer NO for this and proceed?

Thanks,
Pratap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Thanks,
Pratap
Hi Pratap
Did you apply for tourist visa 600 for your child?
When did you take the insurance, before visa application or after?
Which insurance?
Thanks in advance
Eldho

·
Registered
21,877 Posts
Dear All,

My parents are on 600 Visa with maximum stay of 6 months. we are planning to apply for 6 months extension. 8503 condition is not there.

i know we can apply using immi account. i just want clarification if they need to exit Australia after the get extension. please confirm.

Thanks
If they get the extension, they will not need to leave Australia in all probability
You will have to read the conditions of the extension and then decide

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts