Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I did my assessment in Feb 2016 and was evaluated for valid occupation after October 2012. Coming November 2017 my experience as per ACS recognition will be 5 years. In this case , when can I expect the 5 points to increase ? Will be an immediate effect on November 1st or will the batch process take sometime to reflect or should I contact the immigration team.

Below is the official statement that I have in my ACS letter

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology from Anna University completed April
2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after October 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/10 - 07/13 (2yrs 9mths)
Position: AAAAA
Employer: XXXX

Dates: 07/13 - 10/13 (0yrs 3mths)
Position: BBBBB
Employer: YYY

Dates: 11/13 - 02/16 (2yrs 3mths)
Position: CCCCC
Employer: ZZZZZZ

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Which day in November depends on the start date of the relevant work experience you entered and the system accounts for gaps between your work episodes (if any) as well. It does this automatically if you have left the ToDate field blank in your EOI and you do not have to inform anybody.

Yes, DOE will change as well.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which day in November depends on the start date of the relevant work experience you entered and the system accounts for gaps between your work episodes (if any) as well. It does this automatically if you have left the ToDate field blank in your EOI and you do not have to inform anybody.

Yes, DOE will change as well.
Keeda,

If you look at the split up , there are no gaps in terms of months. Right from October 2010 to till date I have been employed.

Can someone please verify the split up that I am imagining as per above ACS?

October 2012 - December 2012 = 2 months

January 2013 - December 2016 = 48 months

January 2017- November 1st 2017 = 10 months

Totalling to 60 months , can I expect an increase in score this November 1st 2017. My role , company, responsibilities has not changed since my last ACS.

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi All,

I did my assessment in Feb 2016 and was evaluated for valid occupation after October 2012. Coming November 2017 my experience as per ACS recognition will be 5 years. In this case , when can I expect the 5 points to increase ? Will be an immediate effect on November 1st or will the batch process take sometime to reflect or should I contact the immigration team.

Below is the official statement that I have in my ACS letter

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
Your Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology from Anna University completed April
2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after October 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

Regards,
Balaji K

your assessment letter states that relevant experience starts after October 2012, so i assume you have marked start date of relevant occupation as November 1st, 2012

in such scenario, the eoi should update automatically as and when it completes 5 year as calculated by system, i guess it should be on morning on Nov 1st, 2017

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
your assessment letter states that relevant experience starts after October 2012, so i assume you have marked start date of relevant occupation as November 1st, 2012

in such scenario, the eoi should update automatically as and when it completes 5 year as calculated by system, i guess it should be on morning on Nov 1st, 2017
Hi Sultan,

I am attaching the screenshot of the details that I have provided in my EOI.

Hope next Tuesday things change. Fingers crossed.

split_up_exp.jpg

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi Sultan,

View attachment 83209

Regards,
Balaji K
Good luck

I see you haven't mentioned the "not relevant" employment in your eoi,

It will be good to update that right now and mark the employment before 01/11/12 as "not relevant"

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Sultan,

View attachment 83217

Regards,
Balaji K
I see gaps- 01/07 to 15/07 between your first and second employment and 31/10 to 20(?)/11 between second and third. It won't be next Tuesday when you will be awarded additional points because of these gaps.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck

I see you haven't mentioned the "not relevant" employment in your eoi,

It will be good to update that right now and mark the employment before 01/11/12 as "not relevant"

You mean from October 10 ,2010 - October 31st 2012 as not relevant ?

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see gaps- 01/07 to 15/07 between your first and second employment and 31/10 to 20(?)/11 between second and third. It won't be next Tuesday when you will be awarded additional points because of these gaps.
Hi Keeda,

Does gaps in days come into picture then ?

In that case I believe the wait would be for another one month

July 1st to July 15th - 15 days

October 31st to Novermber 20th - 20 days.

Its like almost till January I will have to wait for my points to increase. Is it the case ?

I read here in forum , its only the months thats taken into picture.

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
You mean from October 10 ,2010 - October 31st 2012 as not relevant ?

Regards,
Balaji K
Yeah, the date you started working till the date marked irrelevant in acs letter

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the date you started working till the date marked irrelevant in acs letter

Hi Sultan ,

Is it true that on November 1st my points wont increase due to the gap in the employment that I had in days as per Keeda's statement.

Do you second that ?

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Keeda,

Does gaps in days come into picture then ?

In that case I believe the wait would be for another one month

July 1st to July 15th - 15 days

October 31st to Novermber 20th - 20 days.

Its like almost till January I will have to wait for my points to increase. Is it the case ?

I read here in forum , its only the months thats taken into picture.

Regards,
Balaji K
No, it is ACS you may have read about who base their calculations at month level. You have left that behind now and this is the EOI system where you are to input exact dates and it calculates accordingly, and yes, it does take gaps into consideration- 35 days in your case. So if you were expecting points to increase on 01-Nov, it will now happen on 05-Dec.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi Sultan ,

Is it true that on November 1st my points wont increase due to the gap in the employment that I had in days as per Keeda's statement.

Do you second that ?

Regards,
Balaji K
Yes, agree with him, experience points are calculated date to date

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, agree with him, experience points are calculated date to date

Hi Guys,

Will my points increase in fortnight. As per Keeda , if you look at the above chats since I have a gap of 35 days from previous employments , it is expected on December 5th. My current employment end date is left as blank in my EOI.

Will it happen automatically now ? Will the batch process take care of it ?

ANZSCO Code.

Regards,
Balaji K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts