Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did applied with the verification that come together with PR
Thank you so much for your response. The reason l am asking is that, we got our PR somewhere towards end of March. We then went to our regional office first week of April to submit an application for ID. We were told that they are not processing ID applications under PRP, because the minister announced that all PRP from 2004-2020 were to be checked for irregularities that could have happened. Around mid May we went back, then we were told that , the regional office has to request a second verification from H/Q before ANY PR holder applies for ID. But the lady who assisted said it's not going to fast because verification takes time. We went there again last week and we were told that the lady is on leave. And now I see in this forum that other REGIONAL OFFICES are accepting NEW ID applications under PR category. This is confusing. Can we go and apply elsewhere, l mean at a different regional office. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. The reason l am asking is that, we got our PR somewhere towards end of March. We then went to our regional office first week of April to submit an application for ID. We were told that they are not processing ID applications under PRP, because the minister announced that all PRP from 2004-2020 were to be checked for irregularities that could have happened. Around mid May we went back, then we were told that , the regional office has to request a second verification from H/Q before ANY PR holder applies for ID. But the lady who assisted said it's not going to fast because verification takes time. We went there again last week and we were told that the lady is on leave. And now I see in this forum that other REGIONAL OFFICES are accepting NEW ID applications under PR category. This is confusing. Can we go and apply elsewhere, l mean at a different regional office. Any input would be appreciated.
Did you manage to apply I got my PR in Jan 2021, I did not have problem with ID application.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi All,

My ID Book application was received at marriage section sometime last week, the DHA contact center person transferred my call to marriage section. The guy at marriage section confirmed that they only received the application last week but there is an update made today 27/07/2021, he jokily implied that I am following up too early, however after a great chat he said, I am lucky he will do it now (not sure what this means) and forward it to ID processing. I should check in 2 weeks.

is there anyone who relates to the above.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi All,

My ID Book application was received at marriage section sometime last week, the DHA contact center person transferred my call to marriage section. ...
My ID application arrived at Marriage Section shortly before Christmas last year (2020) and I am still waiting, no further movement after that 😖

·
Registered
27 Posts
My ID application arrived at Marriage Section shortly before Christmas last year (2020) and I am still waiting, no further movement after that 😖
Eish that's a long wait, have you followed up lately. I called this number 012 402 2217.

I hope he meant he was processing it, when he said he will do it now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Eish that's a long wait, have you followed up lately. I called this number 012 402 2217.

I hope he meant he was processing it, when he said he will do it now.
I did follow it up. They need to check my marriage situation at my home country, and that takes time, especially during the Covid period, more time is needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I applied for my ID book in November 2020, last year and the application is still at marriage verification stage. I have been calling but even with a lodged escalation there is no progress on my application. Any ideas on how I can advance my application?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi, I applied for my ID book in November 2020, last year and the application is still at marriage verification stage. I have been calling but even with a lodged escalation there is no progress on my application. Any ideas on how I can advance my application?
Check your personal inbox, please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
I applied for the first ID book on the 17th of Feb 2021 (PRP issued 21 Jan 2021) at the Cape Town HA office. I just enquired and received the below reply today:
"Kindly note that the application is still with the Office of application. It has not yet been received by Head Office."
Could anyone advise me on how I can follow it up? How long usually takes the office of application to send the application to the head office?
Thank you.
My husband got his PR 2 weeks ago and wen to apply for ID. He had to go to the office where our marriage was registered by the marriage office as the other home affairs office said they dont have our B130. So he submitted there and they said they will watch the B130...he got worried since he was given nothing for proof of submission and he forgot to take a pic or note the barcode number on the form...Now he went to the office again to ask if perhaps they should give him receipt he was told that the issuing of the green ID's has been suspended (whatever that means) And his form or application is still sitting with the office. He must just wait for an sms.....so yah waiting limbo again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good morning,

I called home affairs yesterday to find out the status of my ID application which I made in November last year. The lady told me the reference number has been changed. I asked her why but she told me she didn’t know why???. Has any one on this group gone through a similar situation and is open to share that experience? I am really getting concerned and wondering if this has reset my application to the starting point😌😌😌

·
Registered
151 Posts
I called DHA yesterday. Nothing has changed since last December 2020. My application is still at Marriage Section.

I was told that all that I could do is to wait.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good day,

My ID application has been at marriage section since 27 July 2021. After following up last week, I checked today my marital status has changed to MARRIED.

Does this mean the application has left marriage section?

How long does it take for the application to be finalized after leaving marriage section?

Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
ID book for PR spouse
check here:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good day,

My ID application has been at marriage section since 27 July 2021. After following up last week, I checked today my marital status has changed to MARRIED.

Thank you
Where did you find that your marriage status has changed? Online or through the DHA hotline?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, hope you are well. I called home affairs and
I was told that my ID has been sent to the application office. Does anyone know what documents I need to present for collection?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi all, hope you are well. I called home affairs and
I was told that my ID has been sent to the application office. Does anyone know what documents I need to present for collection?
Congratulations! Hope it is a sign that the processing at DHA is getting normal.

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts